1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Possible To Get A Forum Unbanned From Adsense?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by kevydesigns, Feb 13, 2013.

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a forum, which is banned from adsense.

This forum is a general community, without warez/adult material etc.. basically compliant with the adsense terms I believe.

The reply from the seller was: "site is banned from Adsense due to spam bots leaving links in their signatures."

Is this possible? and is there a way to get the forum unbanned from adsense? because I want to buy this forum.

Thanks

kevydesigns, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  2. Quench

Quench Active Member

Best Answers:
    i thought it all came down to the account holder, not the domain. but things could have changed now. a few year back when my account was banned for reasons i have not got a clue, i was running adsense on one forum domain. i signed up again using a different domain and put the ads back on the original forum. still using that domain today with adsense. i know its hard, as in, if you did remove the spam and add your adsense, and got your account banned, that would suck. but it worked ok for me. again, this was a few year ago now, things may have changed. good luck though kev. sorry i wasnt much help.

Quench, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  3. SKULL

SKULL Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Best to email adsense and ask them to unbann the domain name.

SKULL, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  4. Quench

Quench Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^^yeah agreed once you confirm new owner of site in webmastrer tools.

Quench, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  5. kevydesigns

kevydesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Quench,

Are you the same person I use to make logos for?? Think I still remember you.

Regarding the Adsense, I think its changed now. There were spam links on some of the users forum signatures which lead to Adsense not showing up on the whole domain. The owner of the site tried to remove the links and re-submit the site to Adsense but they replied back again saying it is still not in compliance with their terms.

I am looking for an expert and if they can solve this. I just need some advice first before I decide to buy the forum.

Thanks

kevydesigns, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  6. Quench

Quench Active Member

Best Answers:
    yep kev thats me ;) your graphics rock.
    does the forum you want to buy have the adsense privacy policy page?
    when i re-signed up using a different domain, before i added my ads back to my chat forum, i made sure the forum had the adsense policy page, and i made sure there was no forums that had the name adult. i renamed to older members. the forum i am building up now, i actually hid the adult forum from guests, and s3xuality forum. i dont have the problem with siggy spam, but if i did i would hide siggys to guest. just a thought mate, its what i did so i wouldnt be banned again. it also sucks that google adsense never actually give out a %100 reason on why the sites knocked back. its strange how info links knocked one of my sites back, then i change domain and it gets approved, content never changed. if you have a google adsense account already, and the new forum is up to the terms, i think you will be fine to place your ads. but unless, someone here at DP has have a different experience :confused: wish i could actually help more. or some other replies from DP members would be good!

Quench, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  7. xtremseller

xtremseller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks I did not know about this matter . First I want to know how to buy a forum from anyone.

xtremseller, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  8. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The owner still has his Adsense account?

sachin410, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  9. kevydesigns

kevydesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Quench for your advice.
    I don't think the forum has the Adsense privacy policy page. I guess if I do buy the forum, I would need to spend time searching for every possible word that contains hacking/adult words etc..

Yes the owner still has his Adsense account, they only stopped Adsense from showing on that domain.

kevydesigns, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  10. sachin12

sachin12 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can mail to google and provide the details you are new owner of the that forum they will surely unban you.

sachin12, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  11. adsenseplr

adsenseplr Active Member

Best Answers:
    They may do if after change of ownership (Which you will need to prove to them) and making the changes you and the others mention. However it's a hell of a risk and not one I would take as I can't see the owner giving you your money back if adsense turn you down. Also to 'Quench' you are very, very lucky in your situation (Which is a good thing), and it maybe as it happened a few years ago. If you got banned now and got another account you'd get the new account banned within around 24-48 hours of putting the code back up.
    They ban all your sites not just the account. Many people don't realise this, get or buy a new account (Either of which breaks the initial legal agreement you sign up to - a reason for another ban on it's own. Once banned under the terms of the initial agreement you can't reapply) and waste their money as within hours of you putting up the new code they just ban it, I had one client do this six times before I pointed out they were wasting their money. Also they track the ip's so if you re-apply after a ban, from the same ip that you got banned from, they know it's you re-applying. They allegedly have 100+ people working on click fraud in the UK alone. Whatever way around you can think of they've thought of it before you.
    slight diversification off topic but thought it relevant

adsenseplr, Feb 20, 2013 IP
    Quench likes this.
  12. Quench

Quench Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes mate, i was lucky. i just resigned up as i knew i had nothing to lose, pretty much knowing i'd be knocked back. but for some reason i wasnt. it was strange, as, at that time you get your check sent at $100. i was over $100 and waiting for the check, i then filled out the adsense survey and was banned the next day. so i never ever got me money sent. i thought maybe it was a click attack i was banned, but then at that time i did a search on the adsense surveys and noticed lots of other members was getting banned 2 days after completing adsense survey. to this day i never fill out anymore surveys.
    i just wish google would actually tell you the full reason why for the banned so people can learn from it.

i also must say i agree with the part of your post that if kev cannot get the domain unbanned, it not worth buying, unless the forum was getting like 500+ visits a day to earn from ie info links etc. maybe a domain change? not sure.

Quench, Feb 24, 2013 IP