1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Possible Problem with the audits at Chitika

Discussion in 'Chitika' started by yirmumah, Nov 30, 2005.

1. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:

If most of your traffic is from accepted areas and it still got audited out, it might have been marked as fraudlent traffic/clicking.

aeiouy, Dec 4, 2005 IP
  2. webminor

webminor Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed, but what if there was no fradulent clicking on your domain? I geo-target ruthlessly, track bots and strange activity, and do not engage in fraud.

I sense that the Chitika calculations on what constitutes fraud-clicking may be set too tight for some publishers, and I'm getting little feedback on this point. I accept that Chitika may not wish to disclose too much information lest fraudsters find holes in the system.

Rock. Hard. Place.

I'd be in favour of building in a conversion metric (i.e. it becomes part, but not all, of the payout amount). It would eliminate a lot of fraud, and reward high-value publishers (i.e. they get paid more than those who have low-conversion metrics overall).

Alternatively, Chitika should only publish audited figures as those are the only figures that matter to publishers when deciding to go with the scheme.

The unaudited figures are misleading, in all respects.

webminor, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  3. yirmumah

yirmumah Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't click my own ads, so thats the only thing I'd consider them taking away and calling click fraud.

If other people click them more than a set amount of times, I'm sure it turns off for that person, as Chitika has already said so.

It looks like I'm not the only one with this problem--- which leads me to believe that there is a problem somewhere in the auditing process. All of this, plus the wacky changes mid stream with "curiousity" clicks the advertisers didn't like... it almost makes me believe that Chitika cut a deal with those advertisers to not count those up, or discounted those clicks the advertisers were complaining about. We'll see next month I guess.

Chitika is relatively new, so I'm cutting them a break, but they need desperately to stick to a set of standards with both their advertisers and the publishers. Right now, the publishers are being treated like second class citizens here. Let's not forget, if it weren't for our valuable ad spaces, Chitika wouldn't be in business. I hope they realize that as well, and actually VALUE IT.

yirmumah, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  4. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't understand the "clicks for the same IP" when I have rotating ads on all my areas... many visitors seeing a new Chitika product of interest when the go to read another one of my pages - why should they click and/or buy? Doesn't make sense at all if you set for rotating ads to appear.

ElvisFan, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  5. kid buu

kid buu Peon

Best Answers:
    Trying out Chitika was the worst mistake ever of me. If I just sticked with Adsense I would ended up with alot more money.

kid buu, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  6. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    they weren't clear whether it's per ad or per site. *but* I do know it's in a short while, not 24 hours...it's more like a 2-3 hour limit.

Dekker, Dec 6, 2005 IP