1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Possible Keyword Density Penalty?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by AaronL, Oct 13, 2005.

Hey all,

Just a quick question about Keyword Density and Keyword/Keyphrase Repeats in the Meta Keywords Tag.

Here are some examples (Note these arent what I am using, just a quick set of examples):

EXAMPLE 1: MULTIPLE KEYWORD/KEYPHRASE REPEATS
    "Horse Racing, Horse Breeding, Horse Wagering, Horse Accessories, Horse Stables"

EXAMPLE 2: USE KEYWORD ONCE
    "Horse Racing, Breeding, Wagering, Accessories, Stables"

EXAMPLE 3: USE KEYWORD FEW TIMES
    "Horse Racing, Breeding, Horse Wagering, Accessories, Horse Stables"

Currently I am using the EXAMPLE 1 method, and I'm not too fond of it either. I did not go overboard with it (I think), about 15-16 Keyphrases per page, currently about 75% of them use the Keyword Repeats method.

I know the Meta Keywords Tag doesnt hold that much weight in rankings, but what is the best approach? Could that be seen as a penalty? Trying to figure whether its better to use targeted Keywords multiple times as Keyword Phrases, or its better to remove the multiple "Horse" Keyword and use it only once or a few times?

Any help is appreciated.

AaronL, Oct 13, 2005 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I doubt it very much. Do think the current thinking is you should target only three or four keyword phrases per page.
    Think the days of half a page of keyword phrases in meta tags is gone. Thank heavens.

Shannon

Smyrl, Oct 13, 2005 IP
  3. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing wrong with example #1. As noted, it doesn't matter a whole lot. Stop worrying about keyword density while you're at it.

minstrel, Oct 13, 2005 IP
    GuyFromChicago likes this.