1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Possible for multiple accounts?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by anton-io!, Mar 18, 2005.

Is it possible to be working on more than one AdSense account?

I develop for other websites and some of them want their own adsense account.

My concern is that I would be logging on to more than one account throughout the day and would not want to be penalized for multiple logins. Mutliple IP logins or something.

I'm sure it's in their TOS, but would like to hear from others

Thanks!

anton-io!, Mar 18, 2005 IP
  2. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Having multiple accounts for 1 individual or business in in direct violation of TOS.

Your situation is that you would like to register your clients under thier own unique ID. To play it safe I would ask your clients to go and register https://www.google.com/adsense/ then give you the UN and PASS to manage for them. These are my thoughts around this.

To be absolutely sure on proper proceedure Email Google and describe your scenerio. They will give you the correct proceedures. :)

Good Luck

Homer, Mar 18, 2005 IP
  3. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    Let your clients have their own adsense account, completely separate from your own. If you need to design ads etc, do it in your account, and then plug in their publisher's id. Your clients could also download the csv reports from Google so you can see how the ads are doing. That would be the most professional way to do it. (IMO)

exam, Mar 18, 2005 IP
  4. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Not sure if I agree. Many folks that have hired a webmaster to build a site for them are not computer/ internet savy. So if you leave the registration process up to them, well let's just say it will never get done.

What may be more appropriate here is asking Google the question... 'I am a webmaster hired to develop websites. Many of my customers are asking me to put AdSense on the website I am building for them. These customers don't have a clue how things are done and they have asked me to look after it'

Homer, Mar 18, 2005 IP
  5. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Since in the US you have to give your social security number, I would not want so sign up for someone else. I would agree to go to their place of business or home and help them with process but would not want access to their ss#.

I do my sister's web but made her sign up herself.

Shannon

Smyrl, Mar 18, 2005 IP
  6. TiGG

TiGG Peon

Best Answers:
    *shrug*... setup the accounts w/ their SSNs via anonymous proxies for different IPs... then write down there publisher ids and from then on you can make the ad layouts in your account and plug their ids in when it comes time to post it on their sites

TiGG, Mar 18, 2005 IP
  7. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:

Yes that's the best way...moreless coach or assist them in sign up. I am not sure on Google's TOS for the future 'management' of the said account. Which begs the question 'How does one get paid for ongoing management?' Has anton-io thought this through? If he has many customers that require his set up and ongoing expertise...well :)

We are Canadian so sign up proceedures are little different, but not much.

Homer, Mar 18, 2005 IP
  8. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    A customer may not want to give out their SSN number to someone else though, people do have to be careful who they give those to.

wendydettmer, Mar 18, 2005 IP
  9. BigEasy

BigEasy Peon

Best Answers:
    True... customers may not want to give out their SSN or EIN, but really it's up to them. They can either give up the info and have an account created for them or they can do it themselves. Just ask them what they want to do.

BigEasy, Mar 21, 2005 IP
  10. anton-io!

anton-io! Active Member

Best Answers:
    After reading all this, I think it would be better if I steer clear from entering other ppl's/individual information ... thx greatly!

:)

anton-io!, Mar 21, 2005 IP
  11. tomecki

tomecki Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right. But to find a real proxy with high anonymity is very hard (anonimity > 4).

tomecki, Mar 21, 2005 IP
  12. Lorem Ipsum

Lorem Ipsum Peon

Best Answers:
    I had read somewhere that they have allowed multiple accounts. On a side note, if you own several distinct businesses, for tax purposes you would have to have different accounts. And personally, I'd never give out my SS#. It's too quick and easy to file single-member LLC paperwork (if your state recognizes that business structure) and get an EIN from the feds in a couple days.

Lorem Ipsum, Mar 21, 2005 IP
  13. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Yes you are allowed multiple accounts with written permission from Google.

Homer, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  14. keglius

keglius Peon

Best Answers:
    Just let your family members register there.

keglius, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  15. keglius

keglius Peon

Best Answers:
    Just encourage your family members to join :)

keglius, Mar 23, 2005 IP