1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Popup Based on Analytics Data

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by sixrfan, May 31, 2017.

Is it possible to create a (real-time) website popup for visitors based on their visitor info, which is depicted in their analytics?

For example, if we want a particular popup to appear for teachers, and not other website visitors, I'm hoping we could make that happen based on their Network/Service Provider which will often say words like "school system" in Analytics>Audience>Network>Service Provider.

I'm not even sure what to Google to learn more about this. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

sixrfan, May 31, 2017 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Seems like a potential problem just waiting to happen. I'm guessing none of this is particularly sensitive information, but I would never ever base anything on something like that information - it is very easy to fake, and you have no control of the environment. Say, what if a teacher browses your site / wants to see their statistics when surfing from home? Or their mobile / 4g?
    If you want to show information, base it on a login, or a selection of criteria.

PoPSiCLe, May 31, 2017 IP