1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Popular Serials

Discussion in 'Sites' started by dhirdukumar, Sep 25, 2016.

Why are you selling this site?
    I have brought this domain on 13th Sept, i had a idea in mind to work on this site, adding articles related to most popular TV serials. So i registered domain for 2 yrs and also got 2 yrs of Basic wordpress hosting. Both on Go-daddy.

Last Thursday, i gave an interview for a job and got a nice salary package. But i also need to work there for 10 hrs/day too. So i thought i wont be able to manage this website side by side. I want to concentrate on my job right now. So here i am selling this site.

How is it monetized?
    As you know, its just been 12-13 days since i bought it, it doesn't have any monetization method.

Does this site come with any social media accounts?
    Yes i did create Fb, twitter, Pinterest and Instagram accounts. So they are all included with the site.

What challenges are there with running this site?

Obviously, you need some time to create content for this site and work on SEO. It does have a premium domain name, so i think it will help if you work on it.

But on the plus side you dont have to pay anything until 2 years as both domain and hosting are taken care until Sept. 18. So one thing you need most to run this site is "Time" which i dont have right now.

I will not attach any file as i think i have covered more than enough here.

dhirdukumar, Sep 25, 2016 IP
  2. dre1977

dre1977 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Either I'm missing something here or you've mistaken "serials" with "series". The domain doesn't make sense.

dre1977, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  3. wordplucker

wordplucker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Kind of the same thing, a serial is a thing done in installments, but as opposed to TV or movies this usage is more for guys like your Mr. Ripper, and our Ted Bundy.

A site about popular killers is something I am wondering about though. The concept of word usage is good, but one also needs to consider the traffic base for that usage.

wordplucker, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  4. wordplucker

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Oh, then I go to the beta tab and see it has Dexter on it, that is far far too funny.....

5. dhirdukumar

dhirdukumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    but i am definitely not getting list of ted bundy pals after searching "popular serials" in google.

dhirdukumar, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  6. wordplucker

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It is not the search, it is the perception that I am talking about. When people in the US see serial they tend to think killers and rapists, brought to you by shows like Dexter, and the multitude of criminal drama serials people watch.

Your site's name fights a concept that the shows that you have listed have ingrained in to people. Not all, but if you are looking for US traffic you will be learning that.
    If you are aiming for other areas of the world it may fit just fine, and, well, there are a lot more people in the rest of the world than the US, thankfully (or the world would really be stupid), so global traffic should be there.