1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PopAds.net Official Publisher Thread

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by tomksoft, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Geo_Webmaster

Geo_Webmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hello, im from Georgia ( Country in europe, not The State of Georiga in USA ) , how much money i will get per 1000 clicks on pop up?

Geo_Webmaster, Aug 26, 2016 IP
  2. nextdate_org

nextdate_org Peon

Best Answers:
    Will my site get re-evaluated over time?

I'm making a new site and quality will go up as time goes on.

What are the minimum traffic requirements? My traffic will be 100% US in the beginning, expanding internationally later.

nextdate_org, Aug 26, 2016 IP
  3. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are very few advertisers for Georgia, I am afraid you won't get good results.

We have automated that and quality is no longer set by humans, but is calculated daily by an algorithm.
    There are no minimum traffic requirements.

tomksoft, Aug 27, 2016 IP
  4. Tuhane

Tuhane Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Popunder method is not working for me and almost all the campaigns are tabunder. That's something on my end or there are issues with popunders?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Tuhane, Aug 27, 2016 IP
  5. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    There are few options. On mobiles tabunders will be done, as popunder is technically impossible.
    Another option is that we display ads according to advertiser settings, so perhaps advertisers want tabunders.

tomksoft, Aug 28, 2016 IP
  6. Tuhane

Tuhane Member

Best Answers:
    I know that on mobiles is tabunder/tabup. But I'm talking about desktop. I do not allow tabunders (Allowed methods: Popunder, Popup, Tabup), and for the last 3 days all the campaings sudenly changed from popunders to tabunders.

Tuhane, Aug 28, 2016 IP
  7. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    PM me your username, website URL and the browser/OS your are using. Also, are you using any other popup/popunder codes on the same page?

8. Tuhin1234

Tuhin1234 Active Member

Best Answers:
    today cpm is so low . bad day . my 80% traffic indian .
    http://s4.postimg.org/kgtjin36l/screenshot_228.jpg
    Code (markup):

Tuhin1234, Aug 28, 2016 IP
  9. MM562

MM562 Member

Best Answers:
    it's not bad for Indian traffic
    my average in this month, for France $0.65, japan $0.58, Spain $0.60, Belgium $0.55

MM562, Aug 28, 2016 IP
  10. DonRandy

DonRandy Active Member

Best Answers:
    @tomksoft why are you sending two popups at the same time? and this is my config
    _pop.push(['popundersPerIP', 3]);
    _pop.push(['delayBetween', 300]);
    _pop.push(['default', false]);
    _pop.push(['defaultPerDay', 3]);
    So if some one clicks only one ad have to appear not 2, my visitors are getting frustrated, when it
    was 1 at a time no one complained.

DonRandy, Aug 28, 2016 IP
  11. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    We never do two popups at one click. In fact, in most browsers it is not possible even if we wanted to.

charice.preston likes this.
  12. charice.preston

charice.preston Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do a test. Take out all ypur popups except popads.

charice.preston, Aug 28, 2016 IP
  13. WLEXT

WLEXT Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey, I have few questions:
    1- What does "Additional Pop-ups" & "Long Loads" mean?
    2- Can you please explain what is "Tabunder" and "Tabup"?
    3- Does "popundersPerIP" setting affect "Popups", "Additional Pop-ups", "Tabunder" and "Tabup" or is it only for popunders?
    4- Does the ads that claim you have a virus and you must install their program to clean it fit under "software promotion" section? Should I disable it if I don't want those kinds of ads?

Thanks.

WLEXT, Aug 28, 2016 IP
  14. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    1. Additional popups can be javascript alert for example. Long loads means that the campaign landing page is heavy in terms of bandwidth.
    2. Tabunder is new tab "behind" your current tab. Tabup is new tab that you are shown immediately.
    3. It affects all ad types. It is called "popundersPerIP" as when it was coded, we were doing popunders only.
    4. Yes and yes.

tomksoft, Aug 29, 2016 IP
  15. bagongjigong

bagongjigong Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Tom how did you run PopAds, reply to forum, reply fast/accurate emails from customers simultaneously everyday back then?

Now you've paid people to answer customers tickets but sometimes to me it takes more than 24 hours to get the reply (I fail to remember when you've ever done this when you were on the ticket support). And it feels like the support team didn't read my ticket first when they write the reply.

I know maybe 1K or maybe 10K or more tickets/day to handle these days, but don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about PopAds support team here, I'm just asking how did you run PopAds, reply to forum, reply fast/accurate emails from customers simultaneously everyday back then?

bagongjigong, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  16. richjtf

richjtf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Some day some competitor has to come along who forces you to make some changes. I'm talking about the virus warnings on mobile, whenever i enable those my returning visitors count decreases by a huge amount.

But Software Promotion is basically the only way to make money from mobile, but why does it have to be like that? It is retarded, sure some people fall for it but for most of them they think it is a phishing attempt and stop coming to the site plus make really bad reviews about it... Fake virus warnings, they are retarded. It's highly intelligent for advertisers, of course, they get money from dumb people who fall for it. But it hurts the website the ads are displayed on. I bet there are several software promotion methods, i only wish popads had an option to disable fake virus warnings and fake fbi warnings and enable anything else...

Right now i'm working on a way to convert my own traffic just because of this, be it cpa, or selling them something and if i find anything i'll be back here and post a step to step guide for those who also hate fake virus warnings but have nowhere else to go to for a popup company to convert mobile traffic because there are no good competitors to popads. I know they aren't really viruses, but people think they are, and that's what leaves the bad reviews and stops them from coming back

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    richjtf, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  17. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Good question, looking back I am not sure how I was doing it all myself either... Honestly, support work is a nightmare, I do not think more than 5% of tickets are actual problems / things we can help with.
    All the rest ranges from "low rates", through "you suck nothing is working" and down to straight and direct "fuck you"(yes, we get few a day of these).

There are some changes planned in support system to eliminate/reduce these worthless tickets, but at this moment we have more important priorities.

"but why does it have to be like that" - all I can suggest is to come up with mobile offer that will be profitable and then run it with all adnetworks and become a millionaire :)
    One new feature we will be rolling out soon is option to disable our adcode for mobiles.

tomksoft, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  18. richjtf

richjtf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All i ask for is a way to tag fake fbi warnings and fake virus warnings and let publishers decide if they used them or not, i'd disable both of those and use anything else on software promotion, unless there is really nothing else for mobile?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    richjtf, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  19. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Regarding the fact that only software promotion ads pay good - nothing I can do about it. Not me who creates ads, not me who pays.
    About fake FBI warning - this is something we do not allow(same as tech support scam). If you got it yourself please use the Report Abuse form on our website.

tomksoft, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  20. richjtf

richjtf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm not talking about rates don't go there. I'm talking about tagging fake virus warnings and give publishers the chance to disable only those if they want.

Unless there's literally nothing but vake virus warnings on all software promotion campaigns? Then i see there is no point doing that.

richjtf, Aug 31, 2016 IP