1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PopAds.net Official Publisher Thread

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by tomksoft, Aug 20, 2010.

1. QasimHafeez

QasimHafeez Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you..so can i remove the other network to improve the rate will that work?

QasimHafeez, Jul 30, 2016 IP
  2. sveratus

sveratus Member

Best Answers:
    oh so is already released and we need to update it periodically to avoid adblock we get notification via mail when we need to Update the crypted code to our pages?

sveratus, Jul 30, 2016 IP
  3. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but rates won't increase instantly. It will take time for new advertisers to not block your website.

If you are going to do it manually, you'd need to update the code not more than once a day and not less than once a week.
    We also offer API so you could write a script to download the new adcode once a day.

tomksoft, Jul 30, 2016 IP
  4. QasimHafeez

QasimHafeez Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you again..another questions putting up another adnetwork site that is not popunder will that also lead to advertiser blocking ? site like infolinks,adsense?

QasimHafeez, Jul 30, 2016 IP
  5. FullHider

FullHider Active Member

Best Answers:
    Probably tomksoft is tired of this kind of questions... PopAds.net is working on bidding system, they don't have any control on rates.

FullHider, Jul 30, 2016 IP
  6. sveratus

sveratus Member

Best Answers:
    well i think nobody from here wants to do it manually it takes time , so i need the API for anti adblock script to update it auto i don't have coding skills so you could help me with a simple script of api to insert it in <head></head> tags under anti adblock adcode

7. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Infolinks or adsense is OK. Only popup/popunder codes would cause troubles.

There will never be "simple script to insert in <head></head> tags". We will offer PHP script later on, but it won't be that simple to install either.
    Be aware, we are highly automated network which allows us to run on very low margin and no requirements on publisher side(ie. minimal traffic). Yet, because of the same reason, we won't be able to assist with advanced setups.
    We offer API and we will offer PHP script, but if you are unable to use them then I am afraid we won't be able to help.

8. sveratus

sveratus Member

Best Answers:
    oh so you gonna offer a php script for API url? if so then if im not able to use it then i think i will remain at standard adcode

9. flizzow

flizzow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply, we can change the url anytime in the code without going to the site to generate the new code? as i tried editing it before in the code and not in the website and the url that i put in the default didn't get any traffic but when i generated a new code using that url in default traffic suddenly surge

flizzow, Jul 30, 2016 IP
  10. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Yes, there will be PHP script.

When you use Anti-Adblock code, it is encoded so you need to understand Javascript well to edit it successfully.

11. flizzow

flizzow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nope it's just the basic code without anti adblock, does editing the default url in the code manually doesn't work?

flizzow, Jul 30, 2016 IP
  12. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Normal code should work without any issues as long as you do not make a mistake(ie. removing quotes etc.)

13. Adsomi

Adsomi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So you will be offering a direct API where people can redirect traffic? That would be quite interesting for us as a small pop up network to monetize our traffic with you. Maybe you would like to send me a PM for more details? :)

Adsomi, Jul 30, 2016 IP
  14. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    No. I was talking about API for generating adcode. We will never offer direct URL and that is a business decision.

15. bagongjigong

bagongjigong Member

Best Answers:
    I manage dozens of development and production servers alone and yet I don't have skill to use APIs :) so when will you release the stable version of this anti-adblock adcode?

If we have to install it daily or few days, what will happen with sites that use 4-7 layers cache program? If today's adcode just won't really work for tomorrow, is it better to use the adcode with anti adblock or just the old one?

I still use the old adcodes and today my sites impression massively decrease (I use MinBid $0.5/1000 as always), it means the adblock initiative affected advertisers bidding, so for some publishers who use MinBid higher than $0.5/1000 like mnie, wont get much today, right?

bagongjigong, Jul 30, 2016 IP
  16. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    I have never seen any caching solutions that cachee stuff for weeks. You usually cache for hours. If you cache for weeks then you have to manually clear the cache once you update the adcode.
    It is better to use antiadblock, as it will for for users who do not use adblock just fine.

AntiAdblock code has not changed anything at all, as it is less than 0.5% of total traffic at this moment. We have not done newsletter about it yet so people only know about it from this forum thread.
    Yet, today we have a massive increase of traffic(nonAdblock) which is affecting rates. To combat it, we are releasing some new features/tools for our advertisers in coming days.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  17. bagongjigong

bagongjigong Member

Best Answers:
    I beg to differ :)

This is what I mean, you might aware there is also a browser caching. And when you said,
    I don't know how your adcode works I'm just afraid the stale adcode wont work so we don't generate revenue from it. That's why I asked "is it better to use the old adcode instead?"

And the other one, do you have any ETA on the PHP script for this?

18. ikamona

ikamona Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    even with 2 popup adsnetwork, i had great rate, this months really rate are very bad frm 0.95-1.1$ to 0.6 0.7max lol something wrong, and same traffic,

even if rate for other ads network stay same rate, but POPADS going down

ikamona, Jul 30, 2016 IP
  19. bagongjigong

bagongjigong Member

Best Answers:
    Here is your answer
    And may I ask you why you have to enter 2 adcodes and yet PopAds have default adcode/script placement for this and wont affect PopAds rate (if you have so much about PopAds' rate). A guy in this thread have done some benchmark with rates and revenue with 2 ads placement, it's around page 50 or 60, you might wanna see the result :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  20. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    The new code will not expire. Actually, the AntiAdblock code first tries to use our normal domain(usually blocked) and only if that fails it reverts to antiadblock domains that should last for up to a month(yet might be blocked earlier).
    PHP script is on its way, will be available very soon. It is actually quite difficult to make as some people will have shared hostings with lots of restrictions, old PHP versions, different webservers etc. We need to make it possibly bulletproof.

Yup, exactly that.