1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PopAds.net Official Publisher Thread

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by tomksoft, Aug 20, 2010.

1. RaKxA

RaKxA Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So because some troll "backed up me" now i am using fake traffic too?
    and i dont even know this guy..

RaKxA, Mar 20, 2016 IP
  2. richjtf

richjtf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Since you want to check that out. Sorted by rate. Impressions and revenue shown.

I find these rates to be pretty good, i've been working with ad networks for a few months now and these are on pair with the best rates i've ever gotten.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    richjtf, Mar 20, 2016 IP
  3. bagongjigong

bagongjigong Member

Best Answers:
    Is that a daily report? With those rates, now i officially envy you.
    And feel free to brag, Tom :D

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    bagongjigong, Mar 20, 2016 IP
  4. TrafficLos

TrafficLos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ALERT!
    If you are using Adsterra network together with popads there is interference between javascript files!
    You 'll see instant drops in impressions and/or drops in eCPM.
    Peaks below are when Adsterra code is removed.
    test.JPG
    Impressive difference:
    cc1.JPG
    So, it's TRUE!

Using multiple ad networks can cause the problems.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    TrafficLos, Mar 21, 2016 IP
  5. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you! We are informating publishers not to use more than one popup/popunder code all the time, but seems like they never believe us that it can make a difference.
    So really, once again, thank you for checking this!

In other news, I wanted to announce that we have started beta testing of our home-made campaign scanning sandbox system.
    It took 3 times more time and budget than anticipated and we hit lots of problems on the way, but it seems to be working decently now.
    An image is more than thousand words, right?
    [​IMG]
    Here you can see a fake tech support campaign for Japan(and that's something new!) which has infinite alert messages which makes closing the ad impossible.

What the system can do now:
    - Detection of any malware/exploit. Including zero days. It works by analyzing file/process changes, not by signatures.
    - Detection of anything that prevents the ad window from being closed(alerts etc.).
    - Detection of window.opener hijacking (ie. publisher website being redirected instead of the ad).
    - Detection of requests to local IPs, which allows us to detect router DNS hijacking XSRF attacks.
    - Detection of autoplaying audio, so campaigns can be tagged accordingly.
    - All URLs on the load path(ie. all redirection URLs etc, not only final URL) are sent to Google Safebrowsing to see if there were any problems.
    - The scanner uses residential IP addresses and fakes all verifiable parameters like user agent, language or even screen resolution.
    - Screenshots of actual campaign landing page, no matter on cloaking or geoip/user agent restrictions.

What the system is planned to do in the future:
    - Fully automatically banning of accounts in case of detected abuse(now it just notifies me about found problems).
    - Machine learning content analysis to detect adult/gambling content for better campaign tagging.
    - Reporting abuse via our abuse form will automatically commission all recently viewed ads to be rescanned. If nothing is found, we might show screenshots to the reporter so he/she can select the bad campaign. This way we can be sure we are analyzing the right campaign.
    - Fully automated campaign review process, which I am sure our advertisers will love :)

tomksoft, Mar 22, 2016 IP
  6. letsmakeit

letsmakeit Member

Best Answers:
    i know this is a newbie question but I am new to using popads net and I just put the code on my site. But I can't see my ads. I know that they say that you are not suppose to but how am I to know if everything is working good?? I used the trouble shooting tool and it said that it seems everything is good. But I guess since I can't see it's messing with me lol. Is there tool 100% correct?? Or should I check on another computer??

letsmakeit, Mar 22, 2016 IP
  7. bagongjigong

bagongjigong Member

Best Answers:
    what about insert another adnetwork's code in the Advanced Options' Default box? does it interfere the rates or maybe impression? it's hard for me to check the difference, does anyone have an experience with this?

bagongjigong, Mar 22, 2016 IP
  8. sash_007

sash_007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes i also want to know this..

can we use popup code of other ad networks in advanced option of code generator

has anyone used it ?
    how will it work ?

sash_007, Mar 22, 2016 IP
    charice.preston likes this.
  9. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    If you see the default advertisement then it means everything is OK.

This will not cause interference. However, it might not work with many of adcodes nowadays. Our adcode will try to execute the javascript used as Code Generator's default, however this will happen after the page is loaded.
    If the 3rd party adcode hook onload event, it won't even start as onload event has already fired in the past.

tomksoft, Mar 23, 2016 IP
  10. Vejeeta

Vejeeta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What's happening with popads...? now it's very hard to run my site(running on dedicated server also sucuri.net firewall applied) cause low revenue. let me clear, from the october 2015 i was getting above 15k impressions and also rate was avg $1/1000 views with 10k traffic avg. but from the december last(near about 25th december) my website's impressions are starting to reduce and also rate was vary $.90-$1.02/1k views(most of the time rate was around $.95),so on that time my impressions reduced to around 9k with the same traffic avg. 10k, but the real and unexpected problem is starting from the last 2 days impressions and rates are terribly decrease to approx. 7.5k and $0.88 again with the same traffic approx. 10K and total revenue was $6.88 so it is hard to run my website now, so i am requesting to popads please do something about the matter cause i love popads and also i am using popads only. one thing i don't know it is the reason or not, previous day i stopped software promotion option cause mobile users are repeatedly complaining that when they do click on my site the popup ads redirect my page to their ads page, so it's so irritating for them.

Vejeeta, Mar 23, 2016 IP
  11. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately most of good paying ads are software promotion. As you blocked them, your rate and fill rate went down. Again, we really can't do anything about rates.

tomksoft, Mar 24, 2016 IP
  12. sash_007

sash_007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how to block any ads?

sash_007, Mar 24, 2016 IP
  13. charice.preston

charice.preston Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think its time to clean and dump these crap adult sites who has big watermark on their videos and are embedded from xvideos

charice.preston, Mar 24, 2016 IP
  14. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    You can do it in Websites, click on your website name and click edit.

Do not see how it is related to PopAds

15. bagongjigong

bagongjigong Member

Best Answers:
    it works with popc**h, i got decent money run their adcode inside PopAds default code generator. (around 10% from my PopAds revenue)

bagongjigong, Mar 24, 2016 IP
  16. Vejeeta

Vejeeta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately most of good paying ads are software promotion. As you blocked them, your rate and fill rate went down. Again, we really can't do anything about rates.

Okay good, then please fix the particular problem "redirecting page for mobile". it does impact on websites's users and also ranking. only issue with mobile but for desktop it's fine.

Vejeeta, Mar 24, 2016 IP
  17. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    I believe this problem has been resolved or at least heavily reduced. Our scanning system is continuously checking campaigns and is capable of detecting redirections.

18. charice.preston

Best Answers:
    Well if you get rid of these crappy scrape sites that mostly Asian, its more ads or fill rate for quality and hard working sites.

19. bagongjigong

bagongjigong Member

Best Answers:
    I don't run these kind of sites but that "crappy scrape sites that mostly Asian" is just too harsh measurement and a bit judging, that's not fair if they have good quality traffic. it's like "Ban all Chinese athlete so US can win more Olympic gold" :D

by the way, embedding is not against xvideos' TOS, as they said:
    "There are no restriction to the number of videos you can place on your site. Many large sites use our videos. Embedding videos is more interesting for you than sending traffic directly to other sites."

bagongjigong, Mar 24, 2016 IP
  20. charice.preston

Best Answers:
    Believe me, these junk sites are just wasting popads ads, most of them are auto scrape content and or from viral fake movie photos of facebook. This should be cleaned and banned them.

We are fighting with these sites for ads. Because I think the ratio for ads and publishers are 100/10. 100 publishers are fighting for 10 ads.