1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PopAds.net Official Publisher Thread

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by tomksoft, Aug 20, 2010.

1. charice.preston

charice.preston Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok cool. Ya know, I said before that I quit using your ad network but I changed my mind - I put it today on my new projects and so far doing great despite all this drop down.

charice.preston, Aug 4, 2017 IP
  2. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you!

Also, I made a little change yesterday. In case impression would be unsold due to too low bid, we are boosting revshare up to 95% (which basically means we are losing money if advertiser or publisher is referred...).
    Seems like the change has helped a bit with revenues, but if it is going to stay, we might have to modify referral program.

tomksoft, Aug 5, 2017 IP
  3. gtaimage

gtaimage Member

Best Answers:
    Popads is the number one and trusted site in the world.

gtaimage, Aug 5, 2017 IP
  4. disputatious

disputatious Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So does that mean you'd change current referrals % that people have sent to you?

disputatious, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  5. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Thank you!

Most likely what will happen is that referral program will be time-restricted. Ie. you will be getting ref commission for first 3 months of each referral. Yet, there is no final decision on that.
    Let me show you something. Let's say that advertiser spends $100 and buys tier3 traffic for $0.20 CPM.
    From that about $90 goes to publisher. The remaining $10 is what is left for us. First, we have PayPal fee for receiving payment, for $100 it would be around $5.
    We are left with $5. From that we need to pay servers, employees and get profit. Now, if the advertiser is referred, the person who referred him get $10. We are already at negative $5.
    What is the publisher is referred as well? Then it is another $9 that we have to pay to the person who referred him. So in total, on that $100 advertising campaign, we have lost $14 USD + more(for servers, employees).
    Of course not every one is referred, so it is not that terrible, but still most of users are...

When times were good, we could offer a decent referral program. Right now, when times are not good for sure, I think it is worth it to sacrifice referral program for slightly better rates and fill rates.

tomksoft, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  6. disputatious

disputatious Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That stinks, seeing as it can take quite some time for a referral to generate enough traffic to notice a difference, or the referral signs up and doesn't use the network for months and then all of a sudden boom they are using you, and when they do that and the time limit you gave as an example is now up.

I've referred some big dogs to you and that was the majority of my revenue earned with you along with my traffic. As far as I know my referrals don't buy traffic, just sell it so I don't know if that makes a difference.

I didn't realize you earned revenue when referrals ran campaigns.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    disputatious, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  7. RapidVideo

RapidVideo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree totally with tomsoft... The referrals should be time-limited, because otherwhise popads.net is like a Multilevelmarketing ponzi scheme, where the referals generates money for the uplined user and we all know, we don't like it.

RapidVideo, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  8. parrjj01

parrjj01 Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree. It would kind of like be turning your backs on the people who helped get your business to where you are. There are multiple ways to fix it. Example being 10% revenue 5% spent or just 5-10% revenue earned. I trust PopAds in doing the right thing, they don't seem to be making a rash decision on it which is fantastic.

There are pretty big adnetworking companies who have referral systems like Exoclick, clickadu, popcash, popmyads, etc from what I'm aware do not have time limits.
    100% agree with that too. There have been many many many times where I'll see a new adnetworking company I've never heard before from reading on a "Best PopUnders on the Internet" websites for example and I go to sign up with them (probably a referal I just gave) add my domains, bookmark the site and test them out later when a ad-networking I'm currently working with drops down in rates) and that can be months later. That person took the time to write up a blog about it, had me read it, and then I went and signed up to the site. They deserve something for that, especially if I end up being a life time customer. and bringing that company 1000s of dollars.

parrjj01, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  9. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    What if we cap referral earnings to some amount like $500-$1000 per user? Ie. once you earn that much from a ref, he is removed from your account.
    I am still considering different options and as you noticed not rushing the decision. Yet, the decision will have to be made.

tomksoft, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  10. parrjj01

parrjj01 Member

Best Answers:
    Are you asking me? In my opinion, you should just cut it to 5% on the earnings of that publisher like exoclick has done.

parrjj01, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  11. mhxnahid

mhxnahid Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like the rate has hit record low for me. Just hoping that it gets better.

mhxnahid, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  12. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am asking everyone. Thank you for your input.

I do see the same networkwide.

tomksoft, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  13. SasquachYeti

SasquachYeti Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, time-limited referrals it´s a big mistake and totally unfair. Some of my referrals are advertisers for example, and they have registered on PopAds because I've recommended it on my articles.

Best solution could be cut the earnings to 10% or even 5% in the referral program, but lifetime anycase. Others similar networks have it.

SasquachYeti, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  14. bajing

bajing Peon

Best Answers:
    I stop use this bulshit

bajing, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  15. alexandroso

alexandroso Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ok Bye

alexandroso, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  16. RaKxA

RaKxA Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I waiting to get payment but instead of paying me the timer reset itself to another 24 hours now i have to wait again, what is going on? username: slap10

RaKxA, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  17. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    It is already at 10%(has never been anything else), can't lower it down to 10% :)

Seems like no payments went out, we are checking why. Seems like some technical problem.
    Regarding your payments - so you do not wait, I will cancel them and refund your recent deposits.

tomksoft, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  18. cromiu

cromiu Member

Best Answers:
    why should someone get a lifetime provision because of reffering 1 time?
    should definetly get something for it...but ppl dont stay at networks because they got reffered they stay because the network works for them...for my opinion if the network cant cover the costs then its fair to change the terms...

but i must say that i dont earn anything through refferers..if i made my living through i would probably also dont like it...on the other hand as publishers we also need to accept ad market changes.

cromiu, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  19. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your input. I am trying to find a solution that will be as acceptable as possible for everyone, but of course with changes like that, nobody is ever happy with.

Btw, all PayPal payments are sent. We had about 1h delay and checking why.

tomksoft, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  20. RaKxA

RaKxA Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why? why would you do that without asking me??
    my credit card is fucking full. i wont get this money now!!

RaKxA, Aug 8, 2017 IP