1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PopAds.net Official Publisher Thread

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by tomksoft, Aug 20, 2010.

1. CultureLeak

CultureLeak Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hmm my site just went from 2,5 quality score to 0,5 w/o me changing anything.

CultureLeak, Dec 9, 2016 IP
  2. Sparklecash

Sparklecash Member

Best Answers:
    Sir Tom

I receive this message

from sir Gordon

i have no idea whats going on please sir kindly review my ticket.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2016
    Sparklecash, Dec 10, 2016 IP
  3. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am sure it has been processed already; it is automatic.

If I knew how to get traffic, I would not need publishers :)

2.5 is default quality score when we do not have enough data for your website. Apparently enough data was gathered and your real quality score was calculated.

It has been resolved.

tomksoft, Dec 10, 2016 IP
  4. Sparklecash

Sparklecash Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you sir Tom you are the best

Sparklecash, Dec 10, 2016 IP
  5. Dismatikz

Dismatikz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have been using PopAds for years now, and haven't had any problems with them (other than a hack a year or 2 back.), but, as of the last couple days, I've been getting "You are not allowed to make withdrawals". I sent an email in - hopefully we can get this resolved fast! :) They're a great network, easily the best pop network I've found so far, and would love to continue being paid as normal.

Dismatikz, Dec 10, 2016 IP
  6. DanJones123

DanJones123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi! I've recently started a website and set myself up with Popads to monetize. It's working fine and the CPM rates are great, but I'm not getting impressions to match my traffic.

I installed the anti-adblock code (vanilla, with no min rate, no delay, etc) and the troubleshooter told me it was working fine. But I'm getting really low impressions; on Saturday, I got over 1,000 unique visitors, but only 28 impressions. On Sunday I tried using a different network and got 250+ impressions for ~the same traffic. (Their CPM sucked, though, so I don't want to switch if I can help it.)

All my traffic comes from the U.S.

Is this normal for new websites on Popads, and something that'll straighten itself out after a couple days? Or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: my site is a Wordpress site and I have the ad code installed in the "Theme Header" (header.php) section. Is this the correct place?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    DanJones123, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  7. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    If it does not get resolved, drop me a PM please.

We do not do any kind of the "optimization bullshit" in which you are promised that your rates will increase.
    To me it sounds like a problem with traffic, I am especially concerned about the "All my traffic comes from the U.S" - that does not sound like a genuine traffic.
    Is it resold from another adnetwork? Traffic exchange?

tomksoft, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  8. DanJones123

DanJones123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry if I came across as combative, I'm not angry, just curious.

The actual per-impression rate is great, I've got no problems with that.

My question was about why most of my site's visitors don't generate impressions, especially since the traffic did generate impressions when using a different network. Basically, it looks like people go to my site, but they don't see an ad. (This is going better today; I'm getting closer to one impression per 5-10 visitors. If that's normal, that's fine, I'd just originally assumed it'd be closer to 1:1 with anti-adblock code.)

As far as traffic goes, I do get visitors from other countries, but >90% of my visitors are American. It's all organic traffic, I'm not doing anything weird to try and create fake visitors.

DanJones123, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  9. Kraiter

Kraiter Peon

Best Answers:
    This damn domain is redirecting my web page because they do nothing to solve this problem?

I'm tired of reporting it. I want this domain banned from your system.

creatives.livejasmin.com

Kraiter, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  10. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Ah, ok. From your previous post I understood that you have 100% US traffic.
    Did you use Troubleshooter tool? Remember that visitor has to click anywhere on your website to open an ad.

I do not think it is related to us. Our adcode has no way to redirect your website and our advertisers are not able to do it either(we have special code to prevent that).

11. Kraiter

Kraiter Peon

Best Answers:
    This domain is redirecting my website and comes from its code is already verified if I delete it I do not have the problem.

Please check it or I will have to remove your code from my website.

I have been told the other network with which I work with only banners that the advertiser of creatives.livejasmin.com is mocking their security systems.

Kraiter, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  12. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Actually banners are much more likely to cause redirects, as for banners it is a simple frame break code (one line of javascript).
    Unfortunately "please check it" does not work like that. I am not sure what am I supposed to check. All I can check and that I know is that redirection is very very unlikely to be coming from us.
    You would need to record all HTTP requests that happen during the redirection, that would allow me to pinpoint where is it coming from(most likely).

13. Kraiter

Kraiter Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you explain why if I removed the popads code I no longer have those redirects?

You are to blame for these redirections.

Are you going to solve this problem?

Kraiter, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  14. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Pretty much all campaigns at PopAds have 1/24h frequency cap. If it was from us, you'd get a redirect once and then for sure no redirects for next 24h.
    If you keep getting it over and over, then it is not from us.

I am not going to solve the problem, as with the details you are providing(or lack of them), there is nothing I could do.

15. charice.preston

charice.preston Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is a lie! Popads has now redirect, very worst redirect - if you click anywhere, your site will change to crappy site, presto your site is gone!

This not happens if you own the site, this happens for visitors visit - on their first click on your site.

Ok so, you have admitted it. Yes every 12 or 24 hours only.

charice.preston, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  16. Kraiter

Kraiter Peon

Best Answers:
    Who is to blame now you tell me?

[​IMG]
    I want to remove the redirects from my website.

Kraiter, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  17. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Did it happen to you too? Or just repeating anything bad someone said about PopAds?

This is normal adserving. Also what you are showing a HTTP 301 redirect from our adserving(you can see Refrrer in the second request that it comes from serve.popads.net) to advertiser page. It is not a redirect from your website to livejasmin.

It means it was opened via our adserving so it has to be popup, popunder, tabup or tabunder.
    You can just check our javascript code - it is not technically possible for it to redirect.
    Also I never said that we do not have livejasmin campaign. We do, every single adnetwork has as this is a very big advertiser.

Perhaps it is some browser extension that is forcing window.open into redirect? Another possibility I can see is code conflict with another popup/popunder code on your website(which you claim is not the case).

Update: Given your screenshot, we have figured out your website url and account. We have just done tests and no redirections were observed. Ads were correctly opened as tabup, tabunder, popup, popunder. The only problem is you are using a very old Anti-AdBlock code with not working anti-adblock domains.

18. Kraiter

Kraiter Peon

Best Answers:

I just use popads I do not have any more codes on my site are you taking me for fool?

There are more people who are confirming or removing the redirects or goodbye popads.

You are the ones who are going to lose money.

Do not use popads or you will be penalized by google.

Google is not foolish.

Here the test you are redirect traffic to all people using popads.

[​IMG]

Kraiter, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  19. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Well, depsite you actively hiding all possible details that would allow us to investigate, we have investigated the case.
    Unless it is something special about your browser(like some kind of extension), I do not see any way for a redirection to happen(both from theoretical point of view as well as from tests we have conducted on your website).

20. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    THIS IS A LIE. Let me explain what happens here, because this is pure manipulation and now I am sure that there is no redirection problem, but the @Kraiter is just attacking us.
    So yes, technically speaking this is redirection, however it is not a redirection from the website.
    This is how our adserving works.
    1. First, when visitor clicks on your website, a popup/popunder/tabup/tabunder is opened. It is loaded with fraud screening script, serve.popads.net/s
    2. Then, if the impression is valid, serve.popads.net/s redirects INSIDE THE POPUNDER to serve.popads.net/o
    3. The ad(not THE WEBSITE) is redirected to serve.popads.net/o which is a counting script. It adds money to your account and charges the advertiser. Once that is done, it redirects INSIDE THE POPUNDER to advertiser landing page.

The stage 3 is exactly what you see in the scammy screenshot above. As you can see it is trimmed nicely so you do not see the URL of the first request(it starts with Redirect to part).
    In the second request that he posted you can see that the creatives.livejasmin.com is loaded with referrer of serve.popads.net. If his website was redirected, his website URL would be the Referrer.