1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

pop up on some of my page - does that mean i got hacked?!

Discussion in 'Security' started by rmg, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    i don't remember installing any software or scripts that will make my site to have pop ups. last month, someone tried to hack my site, changing some of the pictures on my site and even putting this white guy picture - i am not sure if that was him.

i was able to resolve that issue, changed my passwords and ban the ip that last loggin to my cpanel. and then i noticed few days ago that some of my page have pop-ups.

how can i disabled those? how can i locate it on my files?

will appreciate your help. thanks!

rmg, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  2. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    It could be a ad you have on site. Some ads or banners have pop ups.

Your computer could have pop up on it. Scan computer then check site for any code. I would right click view source on any page pop ups are on. Then go and fix it.

rcj662, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  3. powerspike

powerspike Peon

Best Answers:
    if your site has indeed been hacked, i would look at upgrading the software you are using to the latest version.

Also what rcj662 said - run a spyware/adware scanner on your machine to make sure your machine itself itsn't infected.

powerspike, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  4. Roido

Roido Active Member

Best Answers:
    Look through your source files for any javascript or calls to any javascript in which you didn't implement.

If you don't get any popups looking at other sites then its pretty likely your actual home machine is not infected and someone has inserted their popup ads into your site's source files. You can also check the last time in which the files were changed for further indication.

Roido, Aug 12, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.