1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Poor SEO for vBulletin when using IIs??

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by brandondrury, Dec 15, 2005.

Hello,

My tech pushed hard for using an IIs server when we upgraded. I must say that the experience has been total hell and I'll stick with Apache for as long as possible simply because that's what everyone seams to use.

Anyway, I was going throught he options in vBulletin and I found one section called "Search Engine Friendly Archive". It said it worked only in Apache.

So I'm wondering if we can expect poor SEO of vBulletin when using IIs. I know people have said that the vBulletin forum seams to do fine in the search engines, but I wonder if that is dependent on the platform used.

What do you think?

Brandon

brandondrury, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  2. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Voasi, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  3. michaelbenson

michaelbenson Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd recommend for any user, great support, great development and fast fixing of bugs :)

michaelbenson, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  4. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Many vBulletin forums do just fine in the serps with little or no seo tweaking. You dont need vbseo.

I do like the easy archive though. Ive used it on some of my forums and turned the vb stock archive into a sitemap.

joeychgo, Dec 22, 2005 IP