1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Poor SearchTurtle Experience

Discussion in 'Directories' started by carowan, Aug 29, 2004.

After submitting my website to SearchTurtle one month ago for $5, I had to remind them to add my site to the directory, (to their credit they did reply back within 24 hours) and then it was added to a brand new category, with a PR0.
    Should have saved the money and bought a 6 pack.
    Oh well.

carowan, Aug 29, 2004 IP
  2. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been waiting more than 1 week, I guess they won't process it untill 21 days later.

Never again.

hurricane_sh, Aug 29, 2004 IP
  3. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    How unprofessional of them!

caroline, Sep 3, 2004 IP
  4. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    For the amount your paying you can't really complain, but you would of thought that they would design pages for all known categories within 99% of directories and let the PR spread through evenly.

Rather than waiting for someone to submit a website and then set up a category, which has PR0. Eventually this will catch up, but not for another 8 weeks or so, I too had to email them about submitting my URL after the 21 day period.

DarrenC, Sep 4, 2004 IP
  5. juke

juke Peon

Best Answers:
    $5 still not bad for a life time link IMO I just submitted one of my sites to thier directory today. I hope will not take full 21 days but as long as I get in thats fine with me..

My first submission will be more like a test and I have a good experience I will submit more. The site looks very spiderable and good PR so should be worth while investment even if it takes 21 days for me to get in..

juke, Sep 5, 2004 IP
  6. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Update: my worst paid directory experience.
    After one month I emailed them where my link is, they told me it's put: http://www.searchturtle.com/search/Business_Economy/Business_Services/AudioVisual/Authoring/ (not cached by Google)

I'm very surprised they specially made such a deep category for my site! Then I asked if it should be in software category, they agreed and would tell the reviewer to change it, but I haven't seen any change after another week.

I can't believe the paid service can be like that!! Who said it's PR 5? You won't get it, and you will be very very lucky if they put your site on a PR 1 page.

Can I say: SearchTurtle is a scam?

hurricane_sh, Oct 2, 2004 IP
  7. juke

juke Peon

Best Answers:
    I just got my link approved just a couple of days ago I did have the email them asking them status

juke, Oct 2, 2004 IP
  8. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    It makes you wonder how many websites they would put up after 21 days WITHOUT you emailing them, especially when you have paid to be listed - no matter what the price is they should have the site listed without you having to email them.

Warning to anyone thinking about submitting 1) Make sure you get your website listed in a category that has PR showing and 2) Be expected to email them on the 21st day because your listing will not go up without that email from previous experience.

DarrenC, Oct 2, 2004 IP
  9. hey

hey Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that's unprofessinal since their is many other directories that want your money and will submit it in 24 hours or less .

hey, Oct 3, 2004 IP
  10. younghistorians

younghistorians Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure why that directory is even worth it IMO.

younghistorians, Oct 3, 2004 IP
  11. hey

hey Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I just checked it out pretty crappy but if I submitted to every other paid directory on the web (which i doubt none of you have) I would probably go for it :D

hey, Oct 3, 2004 IP
  12. vlead

vlead Peon

Best Answers:
    I also had to remind them after a month or so. They never replied personally but my site got listed after 10 days.

Agreed the price is low... but it is they who have fixed the price (not like we bargained or something). They should offer a better turnaround time. It won't take more than a few minutes even if they have to create a new category page.

vlead, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  13. juke

juke Peon

Best Answers:
    $5 is great price for a link but it would seem as a business you would be more on top of submissions so that people wouldn't have to remind you for the serivce that they are buying. But at least I got my link now so I am getting what I paid for (a link)

juke, Oct 4, 2004 IP