1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Poor results

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Webmaster-Now, Oct 24, 2006.

Comparing 1st to 24th October 2005 with 2006 I got these values:

Total items shipped: -20% in Q4 2006

Referral fees: -44% (!)

Number of clicks: +8%

Well, I am considering dropping Amazon after 5 years of partnership as obviously it is not any more a win-win relationship.
    I am very disappointed but will wait January to make up my mind I guess. Waiting for a miracle to happen :rolleyes:

Would like to know how is your business going ?

Webmaster-Now, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  2. acclaim

acclaim Peon

Best Answers:
    Amazon diversified into a lot of businesses and instead of books, they are advertising Cookware to my visitors. So as a result, our sales have been going down as well since they started expanding and de-emphasizing books about 2-3 years ago. It is hopeless -- if I wanted to sell cookware, there are better paying affiliate programs.

Anyone has a solution? It is still the best for books but it's hard to sell books when they try to peddle something else to your visitors.

acclaim, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  3. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Would you mind disclosing the general subject or products you are trying to promote with Amazon? We may be able to suggest an alternative, more lucrative program...

Tyler Banfield, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  4. Webmaster-Now

Webmaster-Now Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Tyler,

I use Amazon on several sites but the main one is about wine.

I target specific books, but also wine coolers and accessories. The strategy is the same as last year although I update the product offerings.

Also cheese on a specific site. And even a grocery and gourmet aStore.

Well I tried to diversify in order to match Amazon strategy as aclaim said. But well it doesn't work for me.

Yes please, if you know a more lucrative program, would be definitely interested. Thanks !

Webmaster-Now, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  5. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here's a wine offer I found on Azoogle:

4 Seasons Wine, - Buy Six Bottles, Get Six Free + Gift
    This introductory offer is for 6 FREE bottles of fine wine with the purchase of 6 for just $59.88 (that’s just $4.99 per bottle).

As an added bonus, users receive FREE of charge the Vintner’s Reserve Tabletop Wine Opener, a retail value of $139.99 for FREE!

As an added bonus to increase conversions, there is an exit pop that directs users to make a purchase by incentivizing them with a FREE wine rack!

It's got a $40 payout per conversion

Tyler Banfield, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  6. Webmaster-Now

Webmaster-Now Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Tyler, sounds great, will give it a try and it will be a good opportunity to work with Azoogle. Thanks again ;)

Webmaster-Now, Oct 25, 2006 IP