1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Poll: How do you use EBay for your ecommerce business

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Dootch, Feb 23, 2012.

?

How much do you use eBay in your ecommerce business

1. I only use eBay to sell my products

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I use eBay mostly, and sell a little bit on my online store

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I use eBay and my online store evenly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I use eBay a little, but I mostly sell on my online store

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. I only sell on my online store (no eBay)

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
    I've been doing some research and some writing on this topic lately so I'm interested to see what DP does.

How would you describe the way you use eBay and an online store to sell products?

Dootch, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  2. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Used to use eBay to sell, but these days our online stores generate 99.5% of all sales. 5 years ago we used to get 65% of sales through eBay, but that number has diminished so significantly that we will be closing our remaining ebay store by the end of April.

eBay used to be an important selling venue for us - it helped us drive new customers (especially when we first started out), we used to list everything we had on ebay too, but as time went by, profit margins shrank, and the number of customers dropped, we shifted away from eBay - offered better prices on our site, put more money into SEM, improved our website.....A lot of our past ebay customers are now buying from our stores directly (cheaper prices, faster postage, special deals).

hhsaus, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  3. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I only use ebay as a last resort when it comes to selling. I try craigslist first if anything.

James Byun, Feb 28, 2012 IP