1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules Politics/Religion

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    If you are unable to post in this forum (or any forum for that matter) without insulting someone's beliefs, don't post.

If you can't figure out a way to do that, don't post.

I don't care if you are Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Satanic or worship paper cups... If you go out of your way to insult someone else, your account will be permanently banned. No warnings.

I stay out of the politics/religion forum myself, but I just peeked in there and it's a cestpool of hatred at the moment.

So yeah... if you feel like you need to post about how you think Allah is a crappy idol, or how you want to rape Christian women, maybe you should just not post... k, thanks...

digitalpoint, Oct 12, 2007 IP
    sachin410, Colleen, Ginene and 2 others like this.
  2. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    Just shut that shit hole of a section down, Thats what I say,

All the fucking babies just can't seem to get along.............

I know you have said before "If I shut that down, the crap will be everywhere else"

Well just tell the Mods to start banning all those crap head posters...

Its time to bring DP to what it was years ago,

If you don't remember see -- >>archive.org

Boy, those posts where friendly back then :)

sundaybrew, Oct 12, 2007 IP
    Meener and samdar like this.
  3. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i'm not long time dp member but i never visited politics forum.

dp forums has been down because of politics that makes me sad. dp is mainly is a webmaster community.

trichnosis, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If there was a way to just not have religion/politics threads posted somehow... I would do that. At least having a specific place for it keeps it from clouding up the rest of the forum. General Chat was a nightmare before that garbage was spun off. Telling people that can't post politics/religion threads won't stop them from doing it... then they will just post it in Google, General Chat or where ever else...

digitalpoint, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  5. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    1) Create a "sticky"

"This is a webmaster forum, My Name is Shawn and I am fucking taking the place back, If you post on a topic related to politics you will get 9 infractions, one more you get banned"

2) Advise all Mods and admins ( CR ) , any P%R threads get deleted / removed at once

3) Update the FAQ

"no religion talk "

4) Add a small note on the registration page

" P&R TALK IS not allowed here"

5) Last and the most important!

Spend an Hour ( You Shawn ) and look through archive .org and see all the quality we used to have and remember how this place started ....

I love this forum, I mean shit I tattooed the logo on my body,

I just think that the hate, name calling and everything else is getting out of hand.....

Either way Shawn , you and this forum Rule,

I just hope you decide to just get rid of the bullshit.....

Also Think about this

"Trash attacks Trash"

Maybe if you did just remove that section, most of those people would leave and the forum might be easier to manage all around,

I bet half the people that show hate in the BST, start shit on the other sections as well,

Anyhow thats my point of view

Have a great weekend!

Joe

sundaybrew, Oct 12, 2007 IP
    c4cyber and Colleen like this.
  6. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why not... split the site in two. One for political bull malarkey, covered in ads, and this one stays pure and clean as always. Might raise some funds if you did that, let their constant garbage be your gain.

Jackuul, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  7. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. It's about time that someone takes action. I complained before about the persistent insults and disrespect to muslims and the kind of hatred that was targeted at all muslims.
    You should close all threads that insult people's religion including this one http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=510748 and others that are currently feeding hatred.

ablaye, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  8. kingcaw

kingcaw Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm still lost as to what place political and religious discussions have on a forum primarily built about webmaster-related issues; there are plenty of communities where those topics are the main focus, and this isn't one of them.

kingcaw, Oct 12, 2007 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  9. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nah... Why would they do that? Then have other members from turnkey attack again? :confused:

ForgottenCreature, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  10. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    Exactly.

So why not make some cash in addition to what is already made here by having a seperate site on a different server that is basically a grudge match gone horrid. Sure it would be a total crapfast, but people love to argue. Think of the monetizing that could be had...

Jackuul, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  11. Felu

Felu Peon

Best Answers:
    Shawn, why not just delete the Politics/Religion forums or maybe just lock it down for a few month. Also, to stop others from posting something related to P&R, we'll help the staff clearing it out by reporting such thread. The staff can delete the thread/reply and put a Permanent Ban on the poster.

There really isn't a point having P&R section on a Webmaster Forum. And i hope the Turks and the Muslims would also like such an action and maybe would give up the DDoS attacks. DP has really got slow and sometimes doesn't even load here.

Felu, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  12. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    If it stops these attacks then delete it. If that's best:D

Toopac, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  13. Zerosleep

Zerosleep Established User

Best Answers:
    I second what Joe (sundaybrew) said that section sucks! I hardly have 1 or 2 posts in P & R its just so boring and some people take the crap seriously and takeout their frustration by DDoS attack and shit

But its true that if that section is shut down we'll find the crap allover in Entertainment and General Section so we need to thing of a better idea than this

maybe as Joe said give 9 Infractions or something

Zerosleep, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  14. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would love to see the Politics and Religion forum closed down. Are they both valid topics for discussion? Sure. But why should they be given a place in a forum for professional webmasters?

Make it plain in FAQs, stickies, etc., that political and religious posts will be deleted and the posters will receive immediate infractions. Maybe something like a "two strikes and you're out" (that is, banned) policy. Personally, I would like to see General Chat disappear, too, but I understand Shawn's earlier mention of a need to have somewhere to funnel all that unrelated stuff — stuff that, may I add, is still totally irrelevant to a professional webmaster forum.

One last thought — Politics, Religion, and General Chat in some cases do nothing but pad post counts. In my infrequent visits to those forums, I see tons of user names that never appear in or add any useful input to the technical forums on DP.

Jim4767, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  15. riya_senk

riya_senk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also agree this section should be closed for posting. No one like insult of own religion.

riya_senk, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  16. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    ...come on, why not split it off into its own bullcrap site that is blasted daily with angry visitors, accruing money from advertising and sponsor links?

Jackuul, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  17. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Waittamoment... isn't closing down free speech just exactly what these cyber-terrorists hope to achieve by DDOSing Shawn's server?

It seems a bit stupid to reward them for their misbehavior by giving them exactly what they want.

Will.Spencer, Oct 12, 2007 IP
    samantha pia and gemini181 like this.
  18. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, how can we beat them and protect DP's server if they continue to DDos?

ForgottenCreature, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  19. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    Eat them. We need forks and knives. Cannibalism reduces the human population and is a great source of protein.

Actually I'd imagine it would involve higher operational costs and more active tech folks with l337 skills to stop the skript kiddiez from attacking the site with bots and such they stole from other more experienced hackers. Any 13 year old with half a functioning brain can sadly cause mass panic and depredation of anything they disagree with.

The only real way is for windows to A) Not suck B) Be updated C) Have a better firewall. Oh... and also those darn unix boxes need to be locked down from within. It only takes one or two to cause chaos though replicators, constantly pinging each other and sending packets that eat up so much bandwidth that no valid requests can make it in.

Cannibalism seems easier.

Jackuul, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  20. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some of the topics are interesting, not related to the webmaster theme, but interesting...

Downside, I agree, many people just post their to add to their post count...

tarponkeith, Oct 13, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.