1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Politics (and Google)

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Dirkjan, May 14, 2005.

Post because of http://www.webproworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=45597

I can only say; "keep up such good ideas" to something like libraries uniting. I dont know why its reason to make fun of the French. After all, French ruled for 1000 years, Persians (Iraq people) for maybe even more, Americans only do it a year or 50. Why do Americans feel so superiour? Perhaps in a year or 50 Chinese rule the world and in history books Google and America only get a note because of the Internet, but thats it? Who knows.

As a dutchman, who visited the US a few times, and is familiar with the internet, I have to say I think its a very good idea to start combining the libraries. In the past, victories were made by the person that wrote it down, not necessarily by the person that won the fight. I think thats a quote of Napoleon? And he was right.

Let me get an example that not much people will flame me on (if I use any history of the US, with my point of view, Id probably just be flamed at and not making any point :p)

For example, take the golden age of The Netherlands
    Dutch started the VOC, have conquered the world, have moved a zillion of people (ya I know we did lots of slavery and didnt payed much attention to human rights, but times were like that). Dutch ruled the world, except of a few Spanish ships that made some trouble. However when I see a great movie about those times, its often enough about an English ship.

If Google decides what happened in the history, it wouldnt surprise me if they wrote it in a way favorable for the US.

French are nationalistic, but Americans probably even more. Why would someone blame that 40% on the radio is in French, if Americans blame a country for just having oil or the same weapons as they do?

We (internet people) just wait until Russians or Asians wake up.. As soon as the Chinese find out that they could rule something as big as the internet, instead of trying to shut it down, they probably rule it within a year or two. Still its always good when countries or organisations combine when they are small, to fight something bigger.

I have always been a fan of Yahoo, of open source, of Europe, just because I think that as soon as something has competition, they only make eachother better. Google should have more competition, America should get more competition from someone fair (no terrorism please) economicly as Europe, and Open Source should have more stable background from companies like Sun, to be a real competitor to Microsoft.

It makes it better. Still the world is currently the greatest it has ever been though. I use Microsoft, and Yahoo, and Google, and hate French (but am learning Spanish! :p Does that count?)

Dirkjan, May 14, 2005 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well all of our business leaders including Bill Gates are investing in China, so we are selling out our own people and manufacturing is all moving offshore.

Who do we have to blame?

Walmart, Home Depot and every other company that imports goods and shuns goods made in the USA.

Again our own leaders are selling the American people down the tubes and as the stakes get higher in the Oil game, America will lose even more power since we are a consuming nation and not an oil producing nation.

High oil prices work against America and works in favor of Nations like Russia who have oil, so Bush and Cheney are the worst thing that have ever happened to Americans as they have GIVEN our enemies more power (wealth to use against us) by their own Houston Oil Men Greed, after all Houston Oil men must buy their oil from Russia.

Putin knows the game well and that is why Bush is the lamest duck President ever, we can not even fight another war and have to close bases just to save money now (America is in debt up to it's eyeballs, blame Cheney and Bush for this also = budget deficit = Bush's oil war).

So Google and history are not the major problems for America, it is our leaders who lack wisdom and vision that will destroy the economy and the nation.

anthonycea, May 14, 2005 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I think the French are the ones taking themselves way too seriously, no one really cares too much about their opinions anymore

Blogmaster, May 14, 2005 IP
  4. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice one. Anymore nationalistic rubbish anyone? Noone cares about french opinion - all 56 mil of them? ST if your client was french im sure their opinion would matter more ;)

Americans being sold out by walmart etc..

I dont believe national boundries have mattered for a long time. Its all about money, power and resources. If you've got them someone wants them. Americans were once Europeans + Africans + Asian, Spain was once muslim and on the saga goes as far back in history as you like.

Russians are NOT enemies, if the US goes down so will much of the world. Once again everything boils down to a few people with power and differences of opinion.

Design Agent, May 14, 2005 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Russia is the main competitor for the USA and it's current leaders (Houston Oil Men), that is why Putin jailed Russia's richest man and took control of his oil company.

Russia is one of the worlds largest oil producers (#1 oil producer before the break up of the Soviet Union), if one reads current world news he will find relations between Russia and the USA are slipping back into the "Cold War" era because of "OIL MONEY and POWER".

http://vivisimo.com/search?v:sources=Web&query=Russia+is+the+worlds+largest+oil+producer&x=49&y=14

Russia is also sending weapons along with China into the enemy in Iraq against the USA.

A fantastic link that I just found in the above search fits right in with this thread.

http://www.progressiveomaha.com/emmanueltodd.html

PS: France is a major world power (Nuclear power) and a major player in the EU which is fast becoming the most powerful economic and military force in the world.

6. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    As I have previously explained in a thread somewhere here.. It is the Brits and their Beer culture that is taking over the world.

France has 95% nuc to produce electricity I believe and much of it is a few miles from me now. But it cant be worse than the fact the UK is a toxic dumping ground anyway.

If Sellafield (UK nuc plant) was to blow up it would do 10x the damage chernobyl..

For some reason we put it next to Ireland...Maybe 'they' had already had insider info about yfs1 in the early planning stages :D

I have thought about these kinds of issues for years.. the only solution I can see is to become one of 'them' before its too late ;)

7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I wish it was that simple DA, but we have real economic problems and leaders that really have no idea of what it is to lead since they are too busy enriching themselves to look after the affairs of the American people and act in THEIR best interest.

It is very sad to be honest about it and unless the American people DEMAND better we will be a bankrupt nation and crime will take over as the average man will have to turn to crime to survive in an unfair economy.

8. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    You think that is a problem?
    Take a look at Africa, India, Argentina. Infact most countries have serious issues these days.
    Seems to be survival of the fittest everywhere and I think it will only get tougher. Lets the games begin.

9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Great idea DA, we could put up sites that shed light on these problems :eek:

10. Dirkjan

Dirkjan The Dutch SEO Guy

Best Answers:
    Heh. Fun idea. If only to get you DP people better.
    Can I join the sites thing as a EU member (im not smart, but hey there arent too many good EU people here anyway, so let me join!)

Dirkjan, May 14, 2005 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Sure thing, we are looking for writers (partners), DA will contact you or you can PM me with any ideas.

12. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    We only accept modest members ;)

13. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Hah, what a jerk!

I love it! :p

Anthony, you should send Dan that Atlantic article I sent you.

Crazy_Rob, May 14, 2005 IP
  14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You send it to him partner and quit being so hard on our new writers :eek: :p

15. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont you just love this guy.. lying asleep with his headphones on..telling AC, to send me an article that he obviously already has because he cant be bothered..

16. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    I knew you'd bust me on that!

Hold on....

Crazy_Rob, May 14, 2005 IP
  17. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    This better be worth it... you may well get my first red card. ;)