1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Political Adsense Ads/Rackets showing up ...

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by hulkster, Oct 14, 2004.

This is maybe old news for some, but along with my halloween decorations I have a halloween webcam which is running Adsense. I mentioned all this in the General Chat forum and as can be expected, it shows ads for motion detectors, X10, stuff, etc. But on a lark and just for fun, I tweeked the Perl code a bit so that when you toggle a set of lights, you cast a "vote" for Bush, Kerry ... or The HULK!

So my web site title/h1 tag is now "HULK for President" ... and I just noticed that two outa four of the ads are for polling of "do you want to vote for Bush or Kerry" - one example is http://www.presidentialtee4free.com/ ... which appears to be nothing more than an Email slurper and/or attempt to entice you to "get a free shirt" ... but then have to "complete an offer" to get it - i.e. a racket!

OK - having said all that, I just though it was kinda wild that I was seeing these type of ads - wonder how much they are paying for 'em on the Adwords side ... and I dind't know that the Hulk would be taken so seriousely as a presidential candidate! ;-)

hulkster, Oct 14, 2004 IP
  2. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hulk was nicer even when mad.

debunked, Oct 14, 2004 IP
  3. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I have used the AdSense URL filter to block ads from quite a few of these sites.

Will.Spencer, Oct 16, 2004 IP