1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PointLeads.com Scam [Stole over $5,000 from us]

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by USaffiliate, Oct 8, 2011.

PointLeads.com is a scam website. Its owner Anthony Vasquez has stolen from us over $5,000 of leads and sales. He ignores emails and uses excuses not to pay! I am including a transcript below of our conversations as well as some more information about the whole thing, it's quite long to read but your attention would be very much appreciated.

About $3,000 was generated during August 2011 which he promised to pay but always used excuses not to pay us, even though he did get paid for the leads and sales we delivered, there is no dispute of the validity of the amount, the entire issue falls on the fact he is a liar about actually PAYING and when it comes to paying publishers he would use any given excuse to postpone the payment.

1) First lie - there are no payment terms!

[​IMG]

In the account there are options to choose to be paid via Net5, Net15 and such - we chose Net5 for a deduction of 20% of the amount to give it a test. When asked for this he said:

"Normally I would say Yes, but because of Hurricane Irene I have been
    getting checks a little late."

Then he mentioned:

"I will try to get you that payment ASAP. I'll also add in only 5%
    Fee's if it's before Net 15."

2) Continouns lying and ignoring emails

On the 21st of September we emailed him asking why there was no payment made with 5% reduction by the 15th - Our email was ignored.
    We emailed again asking how the Hurricane Irene is related to the payments and why he hasn't processed the payments yet, then he said:

"I was just letting you know that Hurricane Irene had affected the
    North East of the USA which caused mail/checks to come late.

We pay Net 30 (30 Days at the end of the month for the previous months
    earnings)."

On the 28th of September we emailed him:

August payments should be processed by the end of this week or next week?
    Please advise.

And he replied:

"They will go out by the end of next week."

3) Ignoring emails, using excuses and refusing to go online on AIM or providing screenshots

October 5, 2011

Hi Anthony,

Can I ask if our payment for August should be processed soon?
    We received most payments from all the other networks, so please let me know what's the status?

[Email ignored]

October 6, 2011 - 1:02 AM UK Time

Anthony?

[Email ignored]

October 6, 2011 - 7:36 AM UK Time

Anthony,

Can I get a response from you regarding this?
    You said by the end of this week, and we're on Thursday.
    You told me Net30 payments.

Clearly there is no reason to hold payment when we got payments just fine from all the other networks.
    I have no idea what's going on - can you please reply to me?

Anthony: Im currently away this week. I'll get back to you.

October 6, 2011 - 7:36 AM UK Time

When?
    There is no other person who can respond?

October 6, 2011 - 8:13 AM UK Time

Anthony: I'll email you back in a few hours

October 6, 2011 - 3:17 PM UK Time

Anthony?
    You promised to respond "in a few hours", been 7 hours since.

October 6, 2011 - 5:36 PM UK Time

Anthony: Was asleep, give me a few minutes.

October 6, 2011 - 6:02 PM UK Time

Can you get online on AIM or is there any way to properly communicate with you?
    It's really bringing our faith level to the bottom when I cannot get proper communication from you.
    I'd like just to sort out August payment please, you promised to process it by the end of this week.

October 6, 2011 - 6:10 PM UK Time

Anthony: Im currently on the West Coast, moving into my new place this week. Im currently in a hotel that has horrible internet. I will try to get on AIM later this afternoon.

October 6, 2011 - 6:24 PM UK Time

Can you please stop with these jokes?
    It takes less than a minute to process a payment - why are you using excuses and cannot just stand once behind your words?
    I don't understand how exactly you run a network this way.

October 6, 2011 - 6:25 PM UK Time

Anthony: These aren't jokes or excuses. But regardless I'll try to get on AIM this afternoon.

October 6, 2011 - 6:34 PM UK Time

Okay, looking forward. I'm there

[waiting 2 hours without bothering him or sending emails]

October 6, 2011 - 8:31 PM UK Time

Anthony,

Are you going to be online soon?

October 6, 2011 - 9:23 PM UK Time

Anthony?

October 6, 2011 - 10:05 PM UK Time

Anthony, are you there?

October 6, 2011 - 10:05 PM UK Time

Anthony: I'll be on AIM in 45 mins.

October 6, 2011 - 10:55 PM UK Time

Okay, I'm waiting ....
    50 minutes now, but I'm waiting.

October 6, 2011 - 11:10 PM UK Time

Anthony?

October 6, 2011 - 11:11 PM UK Time

Anthony: Sorry on my way home. Give me 5 mins.

October 6, 2011 - 11:31 PM UK Time

20 minutes ago .... "give me 5 minutes" ... come on man,
    It's frustrating.

October 6, 2011 - 11:34 PM UK Time

Anthony: Hit traffic almost there.

October 6, 2011 - 11:36 PM UK Time

It's just a matter of payment and you really enjoy giving me all these hassles?
    How come you can send me emails but you cannot go online?

October 6, 2011 - 11:40 PM UK Time

It's almost midnight in the UK but I'm staying just for the chat.

October 6, 2011 - 11:42 PM UK Time

Anthony: I will send your payment on Saturday.

October 6, 2011 - 11:48 PM UK Time

Okay, can you still go on AIM please?

[Email ignored]

October 6, 2011 - 11:54 PM UK Time

I have sent another email to Anthony asking about some of the offers in his network, he replied immediately after 5 minutes.

October 7, 2011 - 12:12 AM UK Time

Don't want to push it so much but really - is there any reason for the payment to be made on Saturday and not today?
    I'd like to get more details please, hence this is why I wanted to chat on AIM.

October 7, 2011 - 12:20 AM UK Time

Anthony: I don't have much time to sit town as Im moving. This weekend i will have time.

October 7, 2011 - 9:26 AM UK Time

Hi Anthony,

To make it easier for you I've raised an invoice through PayPal and all you need to do is 1 click to pay it, it doesn't take more time than the time it takes you to send me an email. I could do it even if I moved 5 houses in a week.

[​IMG]

October 7, 2011 - 4:26 AM UK Time

Anthony,

Can we expect to trust your word saying this will be processed tomorrow?

[Email ignored]

[Following day....]

October 8, 2011 - 8:03 PM UK Time

Anthony,

You promised to pay today and you didn't.
    Why are you ignoring our emails?

October 8, 2011 - 9:28 PM UK Time

Anthony: You need to realize there is a time difference. Just because i don't reply right away doesn't mean im ignoring.

October 8, 2011 - 9:40 PM UK Time

I understand.
    I emailed you a few days ago informing you about the PayPal invoice that I sent with no response.
    I emailed you yesterday asking if we can trust your word - with no response.

I am fed up with these repeated empty promises, you promised to pay earlier Net15 terms, then Net20 terms, then Net30 terms, then the end of the week, then today ... so what's up? we never ever had to chase any network, ever, for payments like this - just try not to frustrate your publisher and think of the picture from our side and not only from yours.

Anyway speaking of payments is it going to be made today?
    I hope this is not another empty promise.

October 8, 2011 - 9:49 PM UK Time

Anthony: Yes it is.

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Okay, I'm still waiting.

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 3:04 AM

You're leaving it for the last moment?
    Is it possible to get some updates from you already?

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 3:23 AM

Anthony: I sent it a few hours ago

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 3:30 AM

We haven't received anything to our PayPal account.

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 3:49 AM

Anthony: I'll go look at the issue and resend it

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 3:58 AM

When?
    It takes only a second to do that...
    You refuse to chat through AIM and I have no way to communicate with you, only through emails.

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 3:58 AM

Anthony: I have not refused i have been busy.

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 4:11 AM

But instead of frustrating me and me frustrating you with so many emails - try a concerete approach.
    Telling me Net15, Net20, Net30 ... hurricane Irene and checks (you're on the west coast where the hurricane never hit?), then end of week, then Saturday .... then you tell me you sent it a few hours ago which is not true.

Do you not have any interest in keeping your publishers happy?
    Likewise, can I ask, do you work all alone in the network? There is no other person who covers for you? I am not working alone on the site, I can tell you that. We are 24/7 physically, not just in words.

Anyway - can you please process this payment without all these games? I would appreciate it very much.
    I would also suggest you get more people to work with you in the network to help you answering emails and not just say that you are busy, this is totally not professional.

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 4:14 AM

Anthony: I told you i moved to the West Coast over this weekend. I never said i was on the west coast when the hurricane hit. Mind you try getting your facts in place.

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 4:16 AM

Okay,

I have no interest to argue with you on these subjects - what's going on with the payment?
    Can you please look into it once and for all?

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 4:18 AM

Anthony: No argument. And Yes I am.

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 4:26 AM

Okay, it shouldn't take more than 20 seconds to look into it, right?
    Please stop playing games and just do it, I gave you all the relevant information you need.

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 4:37 AM

Anthony: I have email Paypal as to you why my payment wasn't sent. I sent it in a different transaction than what you have in than image.

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 4:45 AM

What is the PayPal transaction ID ?
    Also see file attached - I want your attention to it please.

[​IMG]

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 4:47 AM

Anthony: I will take a look at why the transaction ID wasn't placed.

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 4:57 AM

So I take it as you don't agree to pay us for August leads, correct?
    This is your final decision, correct?

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 4:59 AM

Anthony: I have sent Paypal and email hopefully this will be resolved shortly.

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 5:01 AM

I don't buy this lie, Anthony,
    When you had to send weekly payments of a few cents or dollars you had no problems doing it.
    You are refusing to provide me with the transaction ID or a screenshot fo the payment that you made.

If you send me a screenshot of the payment that was made and let me look at it - then I would believe you.
    As long as you don't send a proof I don't buy your lies.

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 5:03 AM

Can you send me a screenshot showing that you "tried" to send a payment through PayPal?
    Why don't you go online on AIM?
    This is something you also refuse to do.

Tell us the truth, you don't want to pay money to your publishers.

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 5:12 AM

Anthony: If you are going to to be rude about it I don't need to reply with anything and you'll get paid when Paypal sorts it out. Im done replying you are beyond rude.

Since then Anthony hasn't replied to our emails.
    He also never provided a screenshot proving that he did send a payment "a few hours ago".
    He never provided to us the transaction ID of the payment that he apparently made "a few hours ago".

Ask yourself if this is the kind of affiliate network you want to deal with? I know the transcript of our "chat" is long but please read and educate yourself to not trust this network. It is being run by a crook, or even more than that, the guy is simply a liar. By the way, when it came to send a few dollars for those "weekly payments" he issued them without any problem, but when it comes to a large amount you can simply forget about it - he runs a ponzy scheme, we got those weekly payments, thought we can trust this network, but all he does is pick & choose when to pay you.

PointLeads.com owes us $5,000+ and we doubt if we ever going to see a dime from this website owned by Anthony Vasquez - please note he is the only point of contact in the website so there are no other people to provide you with proper support like every normal affiliate network does. We are frustrated with this website and if there is any way to recover the funds from this scam network please let us know.

USaffiliate, Oct 8, 2011 IP
  2. Offerscript

Offerscript Member

Best Answers:
    I am going to let you know that I to have had problems with him sending money he used to be a co owner of my script and i had to kick him off the team for lying to me and stealing the money from sales he one time was truthful to me, but that's only once. So it in this reasoning i say not to join his network, knowing this i will remove his network from the preferred networks for my script.

Offerscript, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  3. USaffiliate

USaffiliate Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for that information Offerscript.
    We are going to pursue the matter using a lawsuit.

USaffiliate, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  4. USaffiliate

Best Answers:
    Everyone,

You can all help us by having your "Like" or posting your information into this new facebook created in order to damage the reputation of such a low class company who cheats its publishers and steals money from them:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/PointLeadscom-Scam/172564629495206

Please vote in facebook if you agee with our common goal to make the affiliate marketing a better & honest place!

USaffiliate, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  5. bayufauzan

bayufauzan Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for info

bayufauzan, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  6. USaffiliate

Best Answers:
    I would like to keep you posted that PointLeads has issued a payment to us for $1,500 with a note "I have a limit on my debit card of $1,500 per each day."

That was 2 days ago, so I am not sure how things will develop but for now I would like to keep you posted that they did pay us $1,500 so far.

USaffiliate, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  7. Jentage

Jentage Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    they still seem like a scammy/dirty network lol.

Jentage, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  8. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately with this economy, these are some suspect networks you shouldn't work with unless you have reviews (and repeated reviews) from folks who have been paid by the network

golfpro1, Oct 22, 2011 IP