1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pointing Nameservers to a Specific Page in WHM

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by FPForum, May 10, 2023.

Hey everyone, I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm trying to setup some custom nameservers in WHM and have them point to a specific "default" page. Let me explain a little further...

I noticed GoDaddy has a set of nameservers that will point to a default parking page. You can take any domain and point it to these two specific nameservers (For example, ns5.godaddy.com and ns6.godaddy.com) and once propagated, that domain will load the default parking page. I'm trying to do something like this myself...

Is there anyway I can go into WHM and create two nameservers and have them point to a specific page? So that if you set these two nameservers on a domain it will automatically load that default page?

Thanks in advance!

FPForum, May 10, 2023 IP
  2. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you can create also default page according to you in WHM for websites and can set also default name server for example ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com so if you will host any website then his default name server will be set automatically like for example.com ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com and if anyone will browse example.com then your created default page will appear there.
    I used WHM many times before and set default page like this ... currently i am using plesk and in WHM and plesk both have this feature.

seomanualsubmission, May 10, 2023 IP
  3. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am aware of the "default page" for websites in WHM..however, this would point domains to it from all nameservers, wouldn't it? We have multiple nameservers registered (For example, NS1.XXXX.COM, NS2.XXXX.COM, NS3.XXXX.COM, NS4.XXXX.COM, NS5.XXXX.COM, AND NS6.XXXX.COM)...We want to be able to setup only NS5/NS6 so that if you set a domain to those nameservers, it will show a specific "default" page. If you use the other nameservers those are obviously for other things (such as domains we are actually created cPanel accounts for inside WHM)..

FPForum, May 10, 2023 IP