1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Point of Sale/Gift Cards and OG

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by samnaugler, Jul 27, 2006.

We have been expanding into some hardware sales and want to begin selling gift-cards which could be used for hardware or for our ISP services. Our problem is that our point-of-sale system for selling hardware has no relationship with Optigold making the prospect of crediting gift-card balances to existing or new accounts cumbersome and decidely hands-on.

FileLink is said to have the ability to move data between Quickbooks and Filemaker (for instance).

Shawn (or anyone) have you ever heard of a set-up like that working/being used? If so were there any bogeys (any advice), and if not, is there any reason why it couldn't?

Thanks

Sam - FSI

samnaugler, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've never heard of FileLink... although I kind of doubt it would work since it would need to push data into the FileMaker databases exactly as Optigold's data model is setup (which I doubt they have that setup).

digitalpoint, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  3. samnaugler

samnaugler Peon

Best Answers:
    Shawn,

The product I meant to mention is called FileBooks Link (sorry about that). Info on it is here:

http://www.filebookslink.com/index.shtml

I have not used it... when you say that it would have to push in exactly as Optigold's data model is set-up do you mean, largely, using information from the data-model chart that is available on your website (presuming FileBooks Link is customizable) or would their be a great deal more to such a post?

Sam - FSI

samnaugler, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    To be honest, you probably would want to ask them how it would work and if it works with Optigold ISP. I've never heard of it myself, and I would be pretty skeptical if it could do it or not.

digitalpoint, Aug 5, 2006 IP