1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Point me in the right direction with ASP

Discussion in 'C#' started by absentx, Apr 18, 2011.

Hello everyone,

Three years ago before I knew any type of programming language, one of my sites was redesigned and written in ASP.

Now three years later I have about two years of PHP under my belt and I want to get the ASP site switched over to PHP...nothing against ASP, but I just want to work with something I am familiar with for now. My overall programming knowledge is still in its infancy but I have come leaps and bounds from knowing nothing...

With that said, I just don't really know where to start..I want to first get everything out of my ASP database (assuming some type of MS database correct?) and get it into mysql.

Is there a phpmyadmin type interface for the MS database somewhere on my servers? I need to take a look at it and see how things are layed out so I can make a strategy for tackling this project but I have no idea where to look.

Any help appreciated.

absentx, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  2. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Your database realistically could be MS SQL, Access or MySQL, logging into your webhosting control panel should give you a link to managing the db but if you copy/ paste the connection string thats being used it is easy to tell what the db is

AstarothSolutions, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  3. absentx

absentx Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay here is what I have:

Set dconn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    FilePath="Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=mssql11.whereIhost.com;Initial

Assuming then that is MS SQL?

Just having trouble finding an interface in my control panel area...hrmmm

absentx, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  4. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    You could try connecting remotely to see if it is allowed if you cannot find whatever admin they have installed in your control panel. Microsoft SQL Server Studio Express is free of charge

AstarothSolutions, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  5. amkeabhi123

amkeabhi123 Member

Best Answers:
    you can connection every asp- file create the database connection ,and all connection then you can configure the web.config .

amkeabhi123, Jun 29, 2011 IP