1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Plz review my website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by trepxe-oes, Sep 28, 2015.

Hello DP members,

Please review my website http://www.gaudiumivfcentre.com in terms of design issues as well as optimisation issues.

Thanks

trepxe-oes, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The design is awful, you need to start over. Why does the slider only feature white people?

sarahk, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  3. trepxe-oes

trepxe-oes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Sarah,

Could you please explain what flaws you found in the design?

Thanks

trepxe-oes, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  4. WPCarer

WPCarer Member

Best Answers:
    I think the main problem with the page is the big slider at the top. It stretches the images out of proportion and it doesn't do anything to portray your clinic. I think the photos you have lower down the page would be better up there, as the first thing people see when they go on to the page. Also, I think it would be good if you made more of an effort to stick to your pink and white colour scheme and not have so many graphics of different colours.

WPCarer, Sep 29, 2015 IP
  5. trepxe-oes

trepxe-oes Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks... looking for more suggestions...

trepxe-oes, Sep 29, 2015 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I get that women are probably the drivers of the IVF process but don't assume that we want to live our lives surrounded by pink.

upload_2015-9-30_10-42-15.png
    Proofread your text before you publish. If I'm going to spend a ton of money, and travel to India to use your clinic as a last ditch effort to conceive I'm going to want people I can trust to be professional and have first world standards. If you don't have good English how can I expect you to have good medicine?

upload_2015-9-30_10-45-44.png

Now, I get that a red icon directly onto that pink won't work but
    • You could have found black and white icons for both or some alternative colour scheme.
    • You could have found a sharper icon for google plus
    • If you are going to have white space as a border around the icon make the amount of white space consistent. There's way more for google plus than there is for pinterest
    The contact form looks too tiny - I don't have a suggestion for this but your designer should know better than to give you this...

[​IMG]
    And if all the fields are required you don't need the asterisks, just state that all fields are required. I'd also left or right align the labels rather than centering them, but again, your designer should have specified.

[​IMG]

And finally - this photo shows a state of the art facility? A shitty plastic chair outside a ramp where the edge is broken, with a doormat that doesn't go the whole way across. I can see the water filter through the window and notices pinned to a wall. On the right there's some sort of shack built out onto the pavement and it looks like it's falling down. The pink signage at the front of the building is sagging. Think carefully of how you present yourselves.

http://www.gaudiumivfcentre.com/nutrition-management.html
    Any potential patient who has done significant research into infertility will have looked into the role of nutrition. You are clearly stuck in the "Low Fat" camp which really isn't good enough. You should show an understanding of the impact that LCHF, Paleo etc have on fertility and when it might be appropriate to make a change. Gut health and cutting out grains altogether have been shown to be beneficial but there is no link to a blog post discussing (or refuting) those claims. That said, your eatwell plate has patients eating a huge number of grains but your food pyramid has them omitted altogether. Who put this page together and what were their medical credentials?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Your doctors still promote the use of vegetable oils and canola? And you reckon you're using the latest medical advancements? lol

upload_2015-9-30_11-3-40.png

Why is this image used in conjunction with a creamy chicken salad?
    [​IMG]
    and those recipes really should be one per page with an index page.

On a more technical note, on that page where you have the list of suggestions - if you find you have to put space before the text of every bullet point then the stylesheet should be changed to do that automatically.

upload_2015-9-30_11-6-22.png

sarahk, Sep 29, 2015 IP
    angrypig likes this.
  7. trepxe-oes

trepxe-oes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Sarah,

Could you please have a look at indiraivf.com?

Thanks

trepxe-oes, Sep 29, 2015 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's much better but the lurid pink on the photo would send anyone running for the hills.

Get a decent writer to go over the text
    upload_2015-10-1_13-24-38.png
    If something has been "stitched up" then it has been falsely and deliberately setup to take responsibility for a crime or disgrace.
    A system is either transparent or it's not, it can't be eminently transparent
    Lucidly conveyed? Are you implying that your competitors are stoned or incoherent?
    In India you may find that people still think fertility is a female problem but I think with your international customers they'll find such a statement "quaint" and "outdated". I'm not sure either word is how you want your clinics described

upload_2015-10-1_13-27-59.png

Those social icons look good with transparent backgrounds (I'm not in love with the wood grain but hey). The blog link looks a little out of place.

If you have to have the powered by statement, don't make the supplier hidden. If nothing else it sets of alarm bells for the search engines.
    upload_2015-10-1_13-29-14.png
    Oh, and they have way too much javascript on the page, it should be cached on separate files

sarahk, Sep 30, 2015 IP