1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Plz Rate My Website Design

Discussion in 'Design' started by frankmust, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adnan Rizvi

Adnan Rizvi Member

Best Answers:
    you need to focus the eye onto where you want hte visitor to see.
    the frankstudio site i find far to busy, there seems to be so much going on I don't know where to look .
    which means i'm probably missing the content.

Adnan Rizvi, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  2. DomainDad

DomainDad Peon

Best Answers:
    I can see the direction you were going. And If the customer wanted that look and feel then A+

DomainDad, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You have no images off graceful degradation, images as text, illegible color contrasts in many locations... I'm seeing a fixed width layout, fixed metric fonts in the handful of spots you even have text, goofy image rotating script nonsense, and nothing on either site resembling actual CONTENT. Everything kind of feels just slapped into the layout any old way with no rhyme nor reason... and that's before I even peek under the hood at the oddball 3 cylinder two stroke...

Which is to say a transitional document -- meaning the code is in transition from 1997 to 1998 practices, jquery for nothing (not that I think there's a legitimate reason to use jquery on 99% of the pages people crap it into), endless pointless DIV for christmas only knows what, NO actual content in any of your anchors, no block level containers making much of the content little more than a giant run-on. You've got tags like CENTER and attributes like TARGET attribute that have no business on any website made after 1997 (and even then the latter was nothing more than abuse of the property), nonsensical/gibberish use of heading tags around what little actual content is present...

You have no semantics, no content of value, nothing meaningful for screen readers or search engines to look at, and it sure as shine-ola has no chance in the realm of mobile or being the slightest useful to anyone not running the exact same magical combination of screen size and resolution it happens to have been drawn at... and I mean drawn, not designed.

EVERYTHING I come to expect from some artsy fartsy type drawing a pretty picture in photoshop and then having the cojones to call themselves a 'designer'... Said approach to web design being completely back-assward resulting in... Well... Throw it out, learn HTML and CSS PROPERLY using concepts like document structure, content of value, semantic markup and separation of presentation from content... and only bring in the artsy fartsy "look what I can do in Photoshop" nonsense at the very END of the process.

I say that because people visit websites for the content, NOT the goofy graphics you hang around that content -- and you have NONE... unless of course you count all those useless images as content; which to be brutally frank it is NOT!

Think of it this way -- on the web TEXT is a first class citizen, everything else might as well have just escaped from a leper colony.

deathshadow, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  4. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    The design you created is good but lot of things to be improve for example, graphics, alignment add little content and clean navigation menu for user to navigate your website. I can give you 6 ratings out of 10. I will help you how to improve. Please let me know if, you want to know that. See, nowadays the user friendly design is most important.

creativewebmaster, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  5. sarah12

sarah12 Member

Best Answers:
    Good work. I like it, but you have to improve your design a little bit.. :)
    Good Luck

sarah12, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  6. Rahul.Kashyap.Karnal

Rahul.Kashyap.Karnal Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like this website. but you can do more in this website.

Rahul.Kashyap.Karnal, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  7. usman8

usman8 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi admin!
    Your stie http://www.conceptions-sgb.com is just good but contents are poor. Its design and animations also theme are awsome but need to b work hard on site and upload more quality contents.
    Your second site http://www.frankwebstudio.com is also good but my review about that site is as same as before. Just upload some quality data and contents.

usman8, Feb 19, 2013 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.