1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Plz help !! With conversion of phpbb database to VB 4.1.5

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by bhbhkuva, Oct 6, 2011.

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I 've used impex to convert my phpbb database to VB 4.1.5. Now the problem is, though the statistics of post & thread count is equal to that of PHPbb database, the actual posts are not available. That is, i've lost lots of posts during the import. Plz help me to get away with this problem.

Thanks in advance

bhbhkuva, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  2. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately we can see what Impex reported as you ran the import, post a screen shot of the details reported by Impex.

Also, did you update the counters in the admincp maintenance section after the import?

Some php settings that may create importing issues is the script timing out due to a low memory_limit or a low timeout set in php.ini

AnthonyG, Oct 7, 2011 IP
  3. bhbhkuva

bhbhkuva Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dear AnthonyG,
    There were no errors while importing posts/threads/users/ but there were 5 failures out of 16,000 posts and I did update all counters in admincp, but everytime I update the counters it yielded the same result (not all topics/posts were imported)

If at all there were issues with time out settings, i tried it on my localhost with the optimum memory and time limits in php.ini file., also, kindly suggest what would be the best setting for php.ini file where my source database size is around 250MB.

bhbhkuva, Oct 7, 2011 IP