1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Plural Keywords

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Roze, Jun 9, 2005.

Hi,

Sorry about all my new threads lately, my curiosity is very piqued. If a thread has been started about this, please direct me to it, I searched to no avail.

Is google's algo advanced enough to associate plural words with the singular? I'm trying to optimize my site for the words "tuba" and "euphonium" - they get the most daily searches by far, according to the overture stats. However, a new section of my site that is getting tons of traffic is saturated with the plural versions of these words "tubas" "euphoniums." For example the following category titles:

Hirsbrunner Tubas and Euphoniums from TubaNews.com

Individual product page titles look something like this:

Hirsbrunner: Tuba Model HBS 290 / HB-1 from TubaNews.com

If this is the case that Google is getting smarter about plurals, I am thrilled!

Roze, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  2. bradical

bradical Peon

Best Answers:
    Google can differntiate between plurals and singulars, but also recognizes the relevance of a pluralized word to its singular counterpart. I think that they give greater relevancy in serps based on the exact search phrase, whether it be singular or plural. I do know this to be the case in their advertising programs.

bradical, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  3. bigdoug

bigdoug Peon

Best Answers:
    Index page should use plural only and sibling pages should be singular
    Example:
    1) Index – Tools
    2) Siblings- screwdriver – hammer – tape

D

bigdoug, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep