1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Plugin update issue

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by pratik, Apr 10, 2013.

Hi.

I have been using WordPress from quite some time now. Lately on one of our website we are facing a strange problem.

Whenever a plugin update is available and we try to update the plugin, all WordPress does is that it redirects us to a page which says 'downloading update from.... ' but after that nothing. The page stays as it is.. it does not go ahead...

After checking the plugin page the same plugin is now disabled.. This is strange.

Has anyone faced such a problem regarding plugin update. This may be due to my WordPress setup or server issue?

Thanks

pratik, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  2. themes4all

themes4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i had the same problem with Ajax contact plugin... so i just ignored it for a while... but it's annoying so i used a stand-alone contact form... but sometimes it's due to the Plugin Version which not Upgraded to the latest wordpress Distribution i think!

themes4all, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  3. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This happens to me all the time. The reason is a low value of the max_execution_time setting (usually on shitty web hosting servers).

I usually have to reupload the newest version of the particular plugin via FTP and activate it manually.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    Devtard, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  4. pratik

pratik Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply guys.

1. The same hosting account hosts many other WordPress setups and all are working fine.
    2. I contacted my host and they updated the WordPress setup without any error.

I have asked them to wait until next plugin update is available and see if they can update that as well. Seems to be working fine at there end but not mine. :(

pratik, Apr 14, 2013 IP