1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Vote... but not for the president :)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lorelei, Jan 28, 2008.

1. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is still time for votes ;)

GRIM, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  2. ksb2050

ksb2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I voted :)

ksb2050, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  3. Lorelei

Lorelei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    thanks ksb2050, and Grim ;)

Yep there is still time for more votes... hehe ;) ;) ;)

Lorelei, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  4. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Something strange is going on, I was just watching the contest page and kept refreshing and the votes for "Daisy dream by Michal Uhrin" are constantly increasing. I am sure someone's cheating.

Go refresh the page over and over, the vote number is increasing rapidly for that one entry, and it's by the second... :eek:

Colleen, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  5. gotlinks

gotlinks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You totally got my vote, great theme friend!

gotlinks, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  6. Lorelei

Lorelei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i was about 40 votes behind, posted on all my blogs, a lil` bumpy bump on the forums and came really close this evening, only 9 votes away, then all of a sudden Daisy Dream got 110+ votes in about 1 hour, half of which were just in 10 minutes i think.

i stopped refreshing, every time i do, he gets a vote, is it connected? :D

gotlinks, thanks for the vote!:)

Lorelei, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  7. Colleen

Best Answers:
    Whatever is happening, is happening, I saw you in the lead just yesterday. This is for the best looking theme, that other theme (Daisy Dream) isn't even nice, it's pretty plain. It's still happening, they should end this contest without a winner, because everyone else is getting screwed. I did just test with a proxy, only one proxy script allowed additional votes from my same computer, so I think someone's definitely using a proxy, and also has no life, lol.

Both your themes are the best in my eyes.

Colleen, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  8. Colleen

Best Answers:
    Liza, they replied to my comment, they noticed too.

"Hello, due to some of the claims here in the comments we are pushing back the announcement of the winners for 2 weeks. That should give us enough time to investigate any and all claims of cheating. We will let you know via blog.lunarpages.com once we get things finalized. Thanks!"

Unbelievable, it just went up another 30 votes in the time I left and just went back!

Colleen, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  9. Lorelei

Lorelei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes Colleen, it's really not fair towards the others, everyone tried hard, and i dont only say it because i am not in the lead anymore, some themes (like "light" by stephen) got 8 votes and the leading one 700 now. i am not suggesting its cheating (...) but i really cant understand why some other really good themes (excluding my own atm) have to live with the natural amount of votes they managed to get from random people who viewed the poll, and get screwed up.

of course there could be a big team of "supporters" that can do a disfavor as u said, i was really afraid of it myself also when i asked to vote in my forum and anyone from the young set who wishes i'll win and believe my design is best there (my 14 years old photoshop fans, that is ) could have done this to me too, but i hope no one did.

i am really happy to see someone from lunarpages who responded and said they will investigate, lets hope they can actually track if something was wrong and detect proxies. :)

EDIT: while i was writing it went up to 725. i feel old and slow lol

Lorelei, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  10. feng

feng Peon

Best Answers:
    Definatly something very uhmmmmm "weird"....lol...going on there.

You get 400 votes in almost 3 weeks, he is behind modernmagic, he passes it with over 50 votes....nothing happends anymore.

Modernmagic came back to less then 10 votes behind, and directly he gained hugeeeee ammount of votes again.

400 in almost 3 weeks....and now 400 in almost 3 hours.....hmmmmmm, well.....definalty its going fair, just using normal mathematics.....lol

feng, Feb 12, 2008 IP