1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please suggest a good way to track my PHP application deployments

Discussion in 'PHP' started by charitharanasingha, Feb 28, 2012.

Hi All,

I am going to develop a custom payment receiving system to a client using PHP. this system do have the facility to send a link to a customer through email, once the customer click on it he will be automatically redirect to the payment processing page of my system.

So no issue with that, the client who have asked me to develop this is said if another company need this kind of system he will ask me to change the logo, change the merchant details, and create a new db and deploy it as a new system, and the amount he is getting by selling it will share 50% with me.

But i am not 100% sure this procedure will work , because he can ask another person to get a copy from my site and do those things too. so i just need to create a way that i can track if my system has been deployed another place or another customer, and i would like to do this tracking part that nobody is get knowing i have put that kind of thing in my system so then i can see how much i can trust the client.

hope you all can understand what i need, please suggest me a good, reliable way to implement this

Summery of my post : Need to develop a tracking system to get to know whether my system is working in another place

Thanks

charitharanasingha, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  2. trendint

trendint Peon

Best Answers:
    The simplest way would be to add a tracking pixel within a common place in the HTML that displays a 1pixel transparent image that is served from one of your servers - the biggest problem is that if the code is distributed in plain code (not encrypted) then you will not be able to prevent someone from altering the code and removing anything you add to call home.

Another option would be to create a tool for making the customizations (i.e. upload the logo etc) and require that that tool lives on your servers. You will then know when someone uses the tool to make a customized version of the site.

trendint, Feb 28, 2012 IP