1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review wmpool.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by alkantenik, Jun 7, 2020.

Hello
    I just started a blog. Now I have 5 unique article. I will add more.
    Can you review my blog please?
    http://www.wmpool.com/

I couldn't insert link. It doesn't work for me. Sorry.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    alkantenik, Jun 7, 2020 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    These 2 words, "webmaster" and "wordpress", they do not belong in same sentence. Its a major scientific factual error... LOL

Your blog is ok, but why is there so much empty space on top?
    A full 800px laptop screen is empty on top at my side.
    Wait, its not empty, there are some links there, which went invisible because of the windows theme that I am using.

Setup https on the blog.
    For whatever reason, your host has not generated the free letsencrypt certificate for you.
    Its not godaddy hosting, is it?

JEET, Jun 8, 2020 IP
  3. alkantenik

alkantenik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for review Jeet.
    I have not empty space on my all devices. Now it is ok for you? (When you change your windows theme)

It is godaddy. Right. I will buy ssl certificate for 1 year. I think it is 60$. I will do it within 1 week.

Also I have approved adsense account but I still waiting for this website confirm by adsense. My website is new and I think adsense needs at least 2 months age.

Thanks.

Btw Wordpress is easy for standart users but not easy for advanced. Coding current theme, create custom functions with php, create custom plugins etcc..
    Wrong?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2020
    alkantenik, Jun 8, 2020 IP
  4. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Instead of buying SSL from godaddy for $60, why don't you buy new hosting from someone else?
    That would cost less or about $60, and SSL will be free (forever, free SSL renews automatically every 3 months)
    You can buy from hostgator, they also have wordpress package like godaddy. SSL free.
    So many other people are complaining about godaddy hosting, all wp users. They say that site becomes too slow after a while...

Advanced coders will not use wordpress. They know what is wrong with that script/platform.

JEET, Jun 8, 2020 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. alkantenik

Best Answers:
    Thanks for advice Jeet

alkantenik, Jun 8, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  6. Saputnik

Saputnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you need all that, at this time? Focus on content and promotion, people will not get back to your site because you have a fancy plugin and shiny theme, but because you have fresh and relevant posts.

Once you establish your blog and get regular followers, you can deal with those bells and whistles; but now, you should concentrate on content, content, content!

Saputnik, Jun 9, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  7. alkantenik

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for advice. Btw I am waiting for home page layout design from my designer. It will be better.

alkantenik, Jun 9, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  8. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Saputnik is right. No matter what the hype is, people don't care too much about design etc. They care for content, valuable answers to their query. You provide that on your website, they will come again and again.
    A basic logo, and clean layout is good enough.

Members of this forum itself have websites where design is not something very special, but google loves their websites and they pull traffic in hundreds thousands (million parts) from google alone every month.
    None uses a wp website.

JEET, Jun 9, 2020 IP
  9. service.komputer

service.komputer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think your website is slow, it actually fast loading.
    Its not bad.
    [​IMG]

service.komputer, Jun 9, 2020 IP
  10. alkantenik

Best Answers:
    Thank
    Thank you. I am working on content these days. I have 5 article now. My goal is 10-12 article for end of this month. Then more..
    Design is not very important but still important. I will work on design.

Website has speed problem for mobile. Desktop speed is ok. You can see it on google page insight.
    Thank you.

alkantenik, Jun 9, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I don't get a sense of who you are how your experience leads you to the conclusions you've come to. The articles seem pretty generic and aren't showcasing your expertise. Don't be afraid to give personal opinions or have case examples from your client base.

sarahk, Jun 9, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  12. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @alkantenik
    You are failing mobile speed test because your homepage plus additional files are over 700kb in size. This is at least 7 times heavier than needed...
    Major weight is coming from all those jquery and JS files.Just 3 of those are going over 400kb.
    What is the purpose of jquery on your website?

JEET, Jun 10, 2020 IP
    Aelko likes this.
  13. Jarcher

Jarcher Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't change web hosts, stop paying for SSL - GoDaddy is crazy for what they charge and I really disliked their web hosting speeds. PM me if you want my suggestion (I recently switched and am so happy) until then here is a video to watch on how to get free SSL for GoDaddy hosted sites (this is how I did it)

Jarcher, Jul 12, 2020 IP