1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review website: what to improve ?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by lucky ali, Jun 30, 2015.

Hi everyone,
    Please review www.pdftemplates.org
    I want to improve traffic, what changes or improvements should i do ?

Regards

lucky ali, Jun 30, 2015 IP
  2. zinist

zinist Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I reviewed your domain, and it is good and responsive. The only one thing i want to tell you change your menu font make it little bit attractive..
    however your website is looks like a professional

zinist, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  3. Solomoncandy

Solomoncandy Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to have some Flash content which makes your website attractive

Solomoncandy, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The first thing I notice is that it's an accessibility disaster. The ATTEMPT at being responsive is broken, the inaccessible illegible fixed metric (pixel measurement) fonts are useless to anyone not on that perfect 16px/96dpi default (WCAG says use %/em for a reason) and in several places the colour contrasts (or more specifically the lack therein) only further compromise the legibility. The tall thin bandwidth-wasting webfonts certainly aren't helping matters either.

Given the relative simplicity of the page, it's strange to see it take so blasted long to load (21 seconds here). Reason it takes so long is simple -- bloated markup, endless pointless scripttardery for NOTHING, bloated CSS, and twice as many image files as actually seem to be neccessary (or even displayed?!?) resulting in 61 separate files doing what should be the job of HALF that. There's only 6.7k of plaintext and 17 actual content images, what the blazes is that wasting 730k in 60 files on?!?

That you have almost as much CSS as your images combined total, and four times that in "JS for nothing" makes it an absolute mess that needs to be thrown in the trash and started over from scratch once you figure in the accessibility woes. There is NO excuse for that page to be taking more than (this is a wild guesstimate) 144k in two dozen files...

Of course, we pop the bonnet and the reasons for these problems becomes clear; turdpress and jQuery at it again. You slap together off the shelf parts any-old-way, and here's the result. As I keep saying there's a reason Wordpress is useful for making a blog for grandma that the only people who will visit it is the grandkids, and not much else. Hence the bloated redundant laundry list of how not to build a website filled with DIV for NOTHING, endless pointless classes for NOTHING and host of other telltales of developer ineptitude that has become far too common these days.

So like I tell a lot of people, pitch that mess in the trash and start over. Apart from your actual content there is little I'd try to salvage from it as it was built with flawed tools using flawed methodologies based on misinformed choices and in some places, outright ignorance.

Sorry if that seems harsh, but I tell it how I see it!

JS for nothing and your scripts for free... That ain't workin', that's not how you do it. Lemme tell ya, these guys ARE dumb.

deathshadow, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  5. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if I am correct, you are using TF theme Newspaper which is a really nice theme, however you should work out all options to make it more attractive, you can really do some really great things with that theme.

IG2010, Jul 5, 2015 IP