1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

please review web hosting site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by webtalk, Sep 2, 2016.

Hello guys,

could you please review the website
    pawnhost.com

design
    conversion

thanks
    khurram

webtalk, Sep 2, 2016 IP
  2. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'll give you about 10 minutes for free, here's what I found in a quick glance...

1) Design issues in the footer. Some elements are laying on top of others.

2) Email address in the footer is invalid. You should remove the www.

3) Emails should all be clickable links to prevent users from taking an extra step.

4) Live Chat doesn't seem to be working.

5) Use relative images for your blog posts, a flower doesn't make me want to click.

6) For that matter, blog doesn't even work. The links go to the default Wordpress post which should be deleted to prevent Google from indexing it.

7) I would remove the twenty-sixteen theme and have every public directory branded the same.

8) I would create more than just a Facebook page - Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram are also important.

9) On your Facebook page, don't separate words in hashtags with a _ or -. You have #Portfolio_Hosting when it should just be #PortfolioHosting.

10) Be sure to post something on Facebook every single day - consistency is key.

Matthew Sayle, Sep 2, 2016 IP
    webtalk likes this.
  3. webtalk

webtalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank y
    thank you very much... I greatly appreciate it.

webtalk, Sep 2, 2016 IP
  4. svrcore

svrcore Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks good, Matt already gave great suggestions, I'd probably also say I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the blue on the pawn character, a different colour scheme for him and perhaps the logo would fit better with the rest of the colours. Other than that, good work :)

svrcore, Sep 2, 2016 IP
  5. ShriKrishan Choudhary

ShriKrishan Choudhary Member

Best Answers:
    You are plans are expensive and on the other hand your affiliate program is confusing, on one hand it says
    Signups per month:
    • 05 $50/signup
    • 10 $100/signup
    • 20 $200/signup
    • 30 $300/signup
    and on the other hand it says
    Make $100 easily...
    If you send us just 10 signups in any month, you will get

$100
    ($10 x 10)

What is that ? I think that should be $1000 if you are paying $100 per sign up or if you are paying only $10 per sign up then forget it nobody will work for you because others are already paying till $150 per sign up. So work on that.

ShriKrishan Choudhary, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  6. mantra

mantra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Site looks good. It's neat.

- Agree, the pawn figure should stand out maybe in a different color.
    - Affiliate payouts not clear, as one one side you're saying $50/signup, $100/signup
    - The plans do not differentiate much

mantra, Sep 28, 2016 IP
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Painfully agonizing to watch load -- took around 35 seconds here. If you're going to have a page for hosting, it loading slowly doesn't speak well of said hosting. Neither does flipping the bird at users with accessibility needs.

The black on blue text at the top is far below accessibility minimums, with the white on blue elsewhere on the page being even worse. The goofy thin-glyph webfont compromises legibility even further, as does the use of fixed metric fonts meaning at MINIMUM you should be aiming for WCAG 2.0 AAA "large" for your contrasts. The ATTEMPT at being responsive is a broken joke, likely stemming from the slopping together of off the shelf parts any-old-way.

Hence it gaining zero points on originality, reeking horrifically of Every **** bootstrap website ever

Popping the bonnet it is indeed the train wreck of developer ineptitude known as turdpress, wherefore originates the absurdly inept 26k of markup to deliver 3.3k of plaintext and maybe three actual content images -- basically anywhere from two and a half to three times the HTML needed for such a simple page. That it is built with 660k of CSS spanning 5 files simply screams that whoever coded that site has ZERO business making websites in the first damned place! See, there's no legitimate reason for that entire SITE to need a whole lot more than 32k of CSS in one file... twenty times the code needed? Bootcrap developer ineptitude and ignorance at its finest!

see the whole "If you don't know what's wrong with this":

<div class="dropdown-nav">
    		<div class="row-wrapper top-bar visible-md visible-lg" >
    			<div class="container">
    				<div class="row">
    					<div class="col-md-6 col-lg-6">
    						<ul class="list-inline">
    							<li>24/7 Support </li>

</ul>
    					</div>
    					<div class="col-md-6 col-lg-6">
    						<ul class="list-inline pull-right">
    							<li><a href="https://www.pawnhost.com/billing/clientarea.php" title="">Login to Customer Portal</a></li>
    						</ul>
    					</div>
    				</div>
    			</div>
    		</div>

Code (markup):
    ... do the world a favor, back the *** away from the keyboard, and take up something a bit less detail oriented like macramé.

The heading orders are complete gibberish resulting in nothing remotely resembling logical document structure -- leaving me to think the front end coder chose their tags based on the default appearance instead of their meaning... How can you have H5 when there's no H4 or H3 preceding them to indicate the start of a subsection of? How can there be multiple H1 (the heading that everything on every page is a subsection of) without HTML 5's idiotic <section> tag?

It's painfully obvious that whoever built that page doesn't know enough about HTML, CSS, emissive colourspace, or accessibility norms to be building websites in the first damned place, PARTICULARLY for a company who's business is hosting websites! If a client brought that to me, I'd tell them to pitch that entire disaster in the trash and start over using semantic markup, separation of presentation from content, and kicking the ignorant halfwit mouth-breathing dumbass "framework" garbage to the curb. There is little if anything I would salvage from that laundry list of how NOT to build a website.

No matter how "pretty' it might be. Pretty means dick-all when you're telling large swaths of potential users to sod off.

pretty much, see this article of mine:
    http://www.cutcodedown.com/article/whats_wrong_with_YOUR_website_index

Around 80% of that article applies to your site... no media targets, multiple files for nothing, incomplete viewport meta... I could go on for hours about the number of things wrong with the HTML alone.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    deathshadow, Sep 28, 2016 IP
  8. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Even before I looked under the hood I thought, "Wow, ANOTHER bootCRAP disaster!" Then I looked under the hood, and sure enough ANOTHER bootCRAP disaster!

Ten seconds to download a landing page? You just lost half of your potential users!

Illegible text everywhere? You lost everyone without PERFECT vision! And a lot with perfect vision.

Images covering up text? You just lost everyone that does not like guessing games!

Who is left? Only the mouth-breathing idiots that think your site is 'pretty.'

Prettiness of a site may be nice, BUT YOUR USERS WANT CONTENT, NOT a pretty picture. First, get your CONTENT up to par where it is USEABLE. THEN consider making the pages pretty. As it is you got the cart before the horse, and very few people will stay, and most of those will never come back.

mmerlinn, Oct 1, 2016 IP