1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review this website for me. Thanks

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Ken2279, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Ken2279

Ken2279 Peon

Best Answers:
    But it is already making money just from adsense alone. Just curious, though, what will be your price tag?

Ken2279, Apr 17, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You've never hired an IT professional from an industrialised country, right?

sarahk, Apr 18, 2020 IP
  3. Ken2279

Ken2279 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your advice, but I think we will keep our Indian developer. People have also recently been approaching us to see if they can pay us to guest on our "bad" website. I think it was actually a great investment on our part, and we will continue to develop it. And of course, you are most welcome to join us, my dear Ms. Sarah. Best

Ken2279, Apr 20, 2020 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That averages more than ten cents a week I'd be shocked. Flabberghasted even.

...because I couldn't even find "content of value" on the site due to the broken layout and accessibility issues.

As to doing it better? In terms of design I could do better in my sleep, and it would cost you around $150 to $500 for the base template. As to integrating said design to turdpress, you'd need someone else to handle that as there isn't enough money on the planet right now to make me even CONSIDER working with the platform again. A complete custom solution would run anywhere from 1500 to 5k, but that depends on how complex/convoluted the sub-pages are.

Sub-pages I couldn't even really make any sense out of. I mean, what is the site even for / doing?!? I coudln't even figure that out from it -- though the "Engrish moist goodry me love you long time" of it was likely a barrier to access.

deathshadow, Apr 20, 2020 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. Ken2279

Ken2279 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you deathshadow for your unique review, we also appreciate it. You are most welcome to the platform at any time. Best

Ken2279, Apr 20, 2020 IP
  6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @sarahk and @deathshadow
    He is only interested in using the site to generate some income by selling guest posts and adsense.
    I don't think he has any long term goals for the site.

This site has thousands of pages indexed by google, some of the content is also very good. Lot of unique articles are there.
    That is probably why he got it.

@Ken2279
    Both Sarah and DeathShadow are highly experienced in what they do. You and I are not even close.

You must listen to what they told you, if you plan to use this website for a long time.

There is a very strong reason why DeathShadow dislikes wordpress, many strong reasons.
    Little extra traffic load and wordpress and its plugins will crash your server.
    The caching system is itselfa plugin, meaning a lot of processing is already done before this plugin is loaded.
    Some third party developer is selling a software to recover hacked wordpress websites and is making good living by doing just this.

Sure, a lot of work has already been done for you by theme designers and plugin developers, but its like many hunters collecting everything they can find and then dumping it all at one place.
    Chicken, cold fish, frogs, insects, everything is in the same plate... Not worth eating...

You have seen google becoming stricter and stricter about the quality of pages it ranks.
    That day is not far when google will start ignoring wordpress made sites, for the reason that the markup generated by wordpress is not clean at all.
    Apple did not integrated flash support in their phone for this same reason. Took too much resources.
    Amount of complicated HTML thrown out by wordpress is at least 5 times more than what is really needed to deliver the exact same layout. Too much resources consumed.
    All you people who are loving wordpress so much now, you will have a very very hard time migrating your websites to a better platform in coming future.

Its a 14 year old software.
    Its like someone trying to use windows XP to power a modern web server, simply based on the looks of the "new" theme...

Anyways, I do liked some of the content of your new website, like that college article Sarah linked to.
    Enjoy the site while its still making you money!
    Good luck

JEET, Apr 20, 2020 IP
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Talking Of Same Stie Are We? I Don't See Content Very Good. Unique Much Less. Engrish Broken It Is. Strange Capital Letters It Be In Most Broken Englrish Moist Goodry Yodish.

Again, BullCookies Think I Do Of Claims It Make Money Worth Mention Through Adsense It Does.

deathshadow, Apr 20, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    "Engrish broken" I can handle if the message is still clear, thought out and in enough detail to still be clear. That site has no clear "USP" and I don't believe for a second that it's making anything more than beer money.

sarahk, Apr 21, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  9. Ken2279

Ken2279 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your open-mindedness. I concur with almost everything you said except for the parts of selling guest posts and not keeping the website for a long time.

My experience has thought me that selling guest posts badly damages the reputation of a website. We want everyone to know that any post on the website represents quality. And so we won't be selling guest post. I only made the point to let my good friends know that people are keen on guest posting on the "bad" platform even if they have to pay for it.

And secondly, we intend to keep the website for a long time, upgrading when it needs to be. Other great websites like Facebook and YouTube did not get to where they are overnight, it was persistence, and a learning process that they had to go through. And I believe we can also achieve our goal through the same process especially when one is building a unique brand.

Thanks again for chiming in, I do appreciate it, Jeet

Ken2279, Apr 21, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.