1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review this startup - Websites

Discussion in 'Websites' started by kartik786, Jun 29, 2017.

Hi,

Please appraise this startup - Websites.co.in

We create instant websites in 15 minutes in front of the client.

You can download our app from playstore and give it a spin to create a website for your domains.

All feedback will be greatly appreciated.

kartik786, Jun 29, 2017 IP
  2. seoforever11

seoforever11 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have good concept of design and nice developed.. Just put some good contents on home page.

seoforever11, Jun 30, 2017 IP
  3. kartik786

kartik786 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you :)

kartik786, Jul 1, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Get a designer to work on your homepage. It's got all the elements there to be awesome but lacks that polish and looks like the kind of design I'd throw together (that's not a good thing)
    upload_2017-7-1_21-38-38.png
    I've never liked sites that mix serif and non-serif fonts together. Get someone to proofread your text. Whats should be What's. Think about when to put text on a new line.
    eg
    How often have you been asked "What's your web address?"
    or "Can I see your products online?"
    It's time to say "Yes, they're at... "​

or something like that.

Once you get to the back end there's the same mix of serif and non-serif fonts, some of it is too small and pale to read easily.

You need to offer more options on the tiny-mce toolbar. I've tried cutting it back that far on my systems and the users revolt.

upload_2017-7-1_21-46-14.png
    Can you actually offer to host a website and not host the images too?
    If someone is so new to the game that they think a free host is a good idea it's unlikely they'll have a clue how to cope with images that need to be stored elsewhere. I uploaded an image at the bottom of the form and tried to insert it but that didn't seem to work. The photo didn't turn up in the gallery. I'm very confused. However when I finally viewed the site I see it's being used as the equivalent of WP's featured image but that wasn't clear in the editor at all. http://pets.websites.co.in/

You only have 2 templates available.

I'm all for new players coming into the market but your product is still very raw. When you are up against wix, weebly, wordpress.com and blogspot you need to be a lot more polished when you launch. Makes it damn hard, but that's why you want to be an early entrant in your chosen niche.

I tried to book a customised domain but nothing seemed to happen - maybe some intro text is needed? and a success/fail message?

I don't know how you've built your front end content of your site but it's always a good idea to use the tool to do it - that way any frustrations you encounter will lead directly to having a better product.

Good Luck!

sarahk, Jul 1, 2017 IP
  5. kartik786

kartik786 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, thanks for giving it a go and awesome to hear such candid feedback. Really liked it. Every detail that you have pointed out will help us move an inch closer to our goal. I'm going to send this to our product team so that they can start fixing and re-working on all that you've pointed out.

Truly appreciate the time and effort you put in to help our startup :)

Thanks a ton!

kartik786, Jul 1, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    That popup in sarahk's post reminds me of one wysiwyg editor I tried to use one time. If it is, then oh, boy. It's ok to use it for making posts and such, but for building websites... I'd say no. The html will be outrageously messy.

qwikad.com, Jul 1, 2017 IP
    kartik786 likes this.
  7. Dan_Kibeth

Dan_Kibeth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The slider at the top does create an initial visual split when first viewing the page, but looks OK when scrolling down. Otherwise looking nice in terms of visuals, and certainly an interesting product that you have here - don't forget the SSL certificate though!

Dan_Kibeth, Jul 3, 2017 IP
  8. tetrapak

tetrapak Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can only agree with what Sarah wrote. Use only one type of font. Use a strict color scheme for your website, you have to be very coherent about the colors you use. Basically you need to hire a professional designer to clean up the page and make it look smooth. With the current design you cannot fool people, you are missing out a lot of potential customers.

tetrapak, Jul 3, 2017 IP