1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Review This Site (islam story)

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Mahmoud Alshareef, Apr 11, 2014.

This is the biggest Islamic history site over the web, and I need help to review it.
    islamstory.com/en
    The PR: 4

And Please:
    Do you have any help to decrease Alexa Rank?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    Mahmoud Alshareef, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  2. danyalsadd

danyalsadd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice site , PR is 3 actually but Alexa rank is 30055 , which is quite good :)
    You need more traffic from search engines to genuinely decrease the alexa rank , do not go for shortcuts :)

danyalsadd, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  3. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    One thing I would do is drop the second slider (the recent posts one), as I find it distracting. Actually, I'd lose both sliders because I don't like them, but that's just me. :)

I like the content, especially the fact that, as a Westerner, it's easy to separate the religious parts for believers from the informational parts for others, but the site's a bit too... "busy" for my liking.

As a new visitor, it's hard to know where to start, with all the bits and pieces all over the place. There are too many options, too many mini-nav menus all over the place and a lack of overall clarity/organisation to the page. But then I'm not a big fan of the "magazine style" layout with loads of snippets - I prefer to have a few interesting articles, and find my way from there.

The single post pages are fine, nice and clean. It's that busy front page that I would struggle to get past.

TIEro, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  4. Mahmoud Alshareef

Mahmoud Alshareef Member

Best Answers:
    thanks so much for you review danyalsadd , they already started a PPC campaign to increase the visits, and hope to boost the traffic.

Your review is very useful to me :)
    I agree with you that islamstory's Homepage need more optimization to remove the hustle :)
    I'll tell the administrator to take your feedback in mind when developing the design ..
    Thanks TIEro :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    Mahmoud Alshareef, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  5. Waseem Simi

Waseem Simi Banned

Best Answers:
    Site is very good and if this is islamic site then must post darood pak on your website . In Sha Allah site ranking will improve.

Waseem Simi, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I thought I was going to see Islamic history but it appeared to be news and theological teaching.

The news feed needs to be more up to date - I was interested to see what was reported about the 100 girls kidnapped from their Nigerian boarding school but there was nothing there.

I took a look at one of the articles http://islamstory.com/en/hidden-costs-valentine-day-3 and would have put red pen through most of it had I been asked to subedit. There is no actual tie in to Valentines Day. The conflict over water use is less to do with the flower growers than to do with the resource management over decades of allowing exotic pests to be introduced and then mismanaged. If locals have little access to the lake then that is the fault of local government and the building/development permits given to local industry. No analysis is made of how local government is evolving to manage these increasing stresses on the local economy or to ensure the survival of the flower trade as I imagine those 1 million jobs are important to the local economy.

Articles like http://islamstory.com/en/Things-to-Remember-While-Raising-up-your-Teenager 1 look like they've been run through a translater and not edited afterwards. Apart from giving lip service to the topic - there are far better secular parenting guides that would still give better guidance to Muslims than that article - it reads really badly.

sarahk, Apr 16, 2014 IP