1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review this community site

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Arnie, Nov 4, 2010.

Thanks in advance.
    We're still not quite there and were working on this site for over 2 years and we're populating it right now, with lots of goodies for everyone. Basicly the ideas is to keep it free for members, but will charge for featuring.
    What's your idea about this?

http://civoc.com

Your comments and suggestion are appreciated.

Arnie, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  2. seotraining

seotraining Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have done a very good job I like the design and layout of the site. You should use better images for your site

seotraining, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  3. sunbros

sunbros Active Member

Best Answers:
    Color combination of the site is good but you should make better logo for community site

sunbros, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  4. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what does civoc mean by the way.
    it seems starting to get signups for i guess its working..
    change the design of your header.

etc, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  5. darkvisje

darkvisje Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    looks nice only the header is a little bit... strange

darkvisje, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  6. gov

gov Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your web is great but like other said, your header image is ugly...change it to give your forum simple touch

gov, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  7. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you everyone. I agree to most of the suggestions, especially the logo needs some work. The rotating images are ad-space where companies will have a chance to use it for visual advertisements, also the peel option on the upper right corner and the bottom will be reserved for sponsors.

CIVOC was registered over 8 years ago and only recently (3 years ago) I decided to make it a community site. CIVOC stands for Communities in Victory ...

The site seems to be overloaded with so many features, but the aim for the future is to have groups emerging out of the members that focus on certain features more than others.

Thank you again everyone and more reviews and suggestions or critics are welcome.

Arnie, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  8. zygote

zygote Member

Best Answers:
    I do like the site but I couldn't figure out if it was just another social network or not until I clicked on the about. Because you are offering people an opportunity to connect their businesses and communities you need to try to at least put something more on the homepage detailing your mission statement. Most people who are first time visitors will only see one or two pages tops. People have very short attention spans. Grab them there it counts = your main landing page.

As for the technology and general layout I actually like it quite a bit. Keep up the great work! :D

zygote, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  9. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you! You're absolutely right and I corrected that immediately. I think I must have been blind for some time :eek:

The header will be next within the next couple of days, and then, as case101 suggested, marketing, marketing and marketing ...

Thank you everyone!

If somebody with more suggestions, please don't keep it for yourself, let us know ...

Arnie, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  10. gogetssl

gogetssl Active Member

Best Answers:
    A little bit boring, and to big Header, there is nothing special in header, make it smaller and place there some nice image, not just Bridge ;)

gogetssl, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  11. cheeky002

cheeky002 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice! Probably need more members...the tough part!

cheeky002, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  12. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you!
    gogetssl, you're right with the header and that is going to be changed. It just confirmed my feelings I have towards it. We are just populating the communities, it's going to be rather busy than boring. Lots of changes and enhancements ahead. At the moment we're on a shared server thus restriction uploads of clips to 8mb. We plan to move to dedicated servers when we have reached about 2000 registrations.

Thank you! Yes, sometimes I shoot a message to Facebook. Not enough yet though. Some FB developers tried to get a job with the coders and programmers of the script we use. Says it all, high potential.

Thank you! Yes, you're so right. First, I lost a potential investor due to the delay of the program (2 years), so we're starting slowly but sure.
    We plan off and online marketing for the site in due time.

You're all welcome to join and promote your services, websites and whatever you can think of. The sky is the limit. The programs are set and it will give you a one way back-link to your sites. I don't request a reciprocal link.

Arnie, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  13. rvaibhav

rvaibhav Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Arnie,

I think you have done a fantastic job of making a one stop shop for all.
    I would contribute to it by saying that make your header a bit small.

The attention span of people today is very low so and once a visitor comes, he'll bounce away very soon.
    Search engine optimization is a thing to take care of, I guess you would have done that.

I am highly impressed wid your effort. With bountiful users it will give the biggies a run for their money ;)

rvaibhav, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  14. gogetssl

gogetssl Active Member

Best Answers:
    BTW, if you are planning to use dedicated servers, I suggest eurohostex[dot]com. If you will need also SSL certificate, you may use our own services gogetssl[dot]com

If you need more comments about your website, feel free to contact us ;)

gogetssl, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  15. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you everyone

I made a couple of changes, including a different logo which is still big though, but not so high than before which makes the overall feel of the site more compact. Maybe good for branding.

Thank you for giving some suggestions for dedicated servers. I will have a look at it later when the time is due.

Another thing on the list will be antroid and Iphone application to make it easy to browse and contribute directly from your mobile. In about 2 - 3 months I guess.

Arnie, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  16. victorezeakum

victorezeakum Peon

Best Answers:
    Please what is the forum software you are using. I will like to make my Nigeria Forum to look like that. It is great and professional

victorezeakum, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  17. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't recommend this script for now. The original script is 100% Ajax based and still very buggy. The one on my site is also still under development by the coders and programmers to make it faster. In fact is was actually re-written. I'd wait for a couple of months until the script is more mature.

You can register at my site and test it. But this is not the same as you get from the original which was and is very difficult to handle.

Arnie, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  18. buditriyono

buditriyono Peon

Best Answers:
    so glad to visit this site, there are new things I could find there and you need to add a backlink on your site, I would often visit him. good work brother, and you look to enjoy it.
    :cool:

buditriyono, Nov 9, 2010 IP