1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Review PhotoZone Magazine website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by NAElPal, Jul 24, 2015.

Good evening guys, please review my project
    PhotoZone Website: http://photozone24.com
    Please also review PhotoZone Facebook page content: https://www.facebook.com/photozone24

Check the logo, template, website, content and articles.

Please review everything about PhotoZone

Thank you.

NAElPal, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  2. NAElPal

NAElPal Member

Best Answers:
    PhotoZone is an independent, media production magazine that features bold, engaging political, design, film, fashion, literature, musical and new media content.

Launched in 2012, the magazine is a social, cultural and political publication committed to provide an outlet for open expression for creatives worldwide. At the same time, it is a visual communication tool that serves to educate both those who read it and work to create it.

The purpose is to be an open outlet for expression and to increase participation within the cultural/creative scene, providing a platform forcreatives to engage in thought and action around ideas, people and business, moving the world forward. Through the value of design-focused thinking, data visualisation, education and conversations with influential creatives, PhotoZone transcends and redefines mainstream media, challenging the status.

The name “PhotoZone,” is inspired by our slogan “where the photo has an effective power”.

http://photozone24.com/who-are-we/
    https://www.facebook.com/photozone24

NAElPal, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  3. learnwebsitedesigncom

learnwebsitedesigncom Active Member

Best Answers:
    The website looks great, but I would recommend making one major change. The title/navigation menu part should be at the very top. One reason is because that's where everyone, including me expect to be, and you obviously don't want to make visitors look and think more than they have to. Another reason is that when I view it on my mobile phone, and when I minimize the screen on my laptop, I have to scroll down too see the title/navigation menu part of the website.

Looks really good though.

learnwebsitedesigncom, Jul 26, 2015 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Massive space wasting slider at the top looks more like rendering error than intentional design (though it does seem to have been "designed" that way), illegible PX metric font sizes and goofy webfonts compromise legibility, the lack of an actual logo/title on the homepage leaves first time vistiors wondering just what the *** they are even looking at since the content seems to have little to do with the domain name or TITLE tag's content, the scripttard non-scrolling sidebar seems more like a waste of screenspace than anything useful, and at 4 megabytes in 83 files it's an absurdly bloated MESS that's painful to watch load -- to the point I'd be shocked if anyone waited the 28.6 seconds it's taking to come up here without going "screw this" and bouncing to some other site.

That some 2 megabytes and 26 files of that bloat is scripttardery on a site that from what I'm seeing probably shouldn't even HAVE scripting is, well... It reeks of slapping together goofy frameworks and "gee ain't it neat" scripts instead of focusing on functionality and usability. The 409k of CSS in 12 separate files only goes to show that whoever created that template has ZERO business writing HTML or CSS as they aren't qualified to do so... Though admittedly a good chunk of that is the active facebook plugin, something I'm seeing more and more people utterly and completely destroy their own sites by sleazing it into the pages.

This is borne out by the markup, with its gibberish use of numbered headings, opengraph asshattery than apart from ONE declaration not one single legitimate user-agent gives a flying purple fish about, endless pointless DIV for nothing, endless pointless classes for nothing, and general ignorance of what HTML is even for. You'd almost think it was a turdpress template.

Oh, my bad, It is turdpress... Well there's your problem... -- hence the ridiculous 45k of markup to deliver 4.7k of plaintext and maybe a dozen content images; easily three times or more what should have been used to build the page...

As I often say, if you don't know what's wrong with this:
    <div id="footer-wrapper">
    			<div id="footer-top">
    				<div id="footer-nav">
    					<div class="menu-footer-menu-container"><ul id="menu-footer-menu" class="menu"><li id="menu-item-13" class="menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-object-custom menu-item-13"><a href="http://www.mvpthemes.com/braxton">Home</a></li>
    <li id="menu-item-1007" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-1007">
    Code (markup):
    You probably shouldn't be making/running websties or letting others do so for you.

It reeks from top to bottom of being slapped together any old way with off the shelf parts, which means by it's very nature I'd be shocked if it doesn't end up out of business inside a year unless one is bound and determined to keep a money-pit afloat.

deathshadow, Jul 26, 2015 IP
  5. burundian

burundian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Overall, the site looks good. But I would use a better theme, Check out themeforest, they have thousands of premium themes.

burundian, Jul 26, 2015 IP