1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my website http://www.trip-calculator.com/

Discussion in 'Websites' started by andrasf, Jan 8, 2017.

Hello guys! This is my very first website http://www.trip-calculator.com/

It is basically a calculator that based on the starting points, destination point and fuel consumption, calculates the cost of a trip and in case if there are passengers included, their fair contribution to the total cost.

I would appreiate any kind of feedback about my webpage, layout, content, user experience, etc.

Thanks

andrasf, Jan 8, 2017 IP
  2. M_harry

M_harry Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your website is taking too much time to respond, so I am unable to review it.

M_harry, Jan 8, 2017 IP
  3. andrasf

andrasf Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks anyway for pointing this out. I didn't notice this issue until now. It might be that there is an element that eats too much resource or I need to consider switching the server. I will remove the background image, and the geolocation service as they sometimes seem to introduce overheads.

andrasf, Jan 8, 2017 IP
  4. ltsune

ltsune Member

Best Answers:
    So, I just want to say that I love the idea of the website. Talked about a friend about doing something similar some years ago.

However, I just don't find the design of the website appealing enough for me to want to use it, or share it with my friends and family.

- In the "Trip Cost" box, add some margin to the left of the text. It seems a bit strange that there's no padding / margin.
    - Be sure to add a "$" or "€" sign to the "Fuel Price" field so I know what currency I am to use.
    - Change the "Add Waypoint", "Add Passenger", and "Calculate" buttons to something that looks a bit more fresh. The grey buttons are rarely used anymore. Just find some button icons online and figure out what works the best for your website.
    - I'd move the social media sharing buttons to the top or the side instead of at the bottom. I barely noticed them. Be sure to make it as easy as possible for me to share your website.

I hope these tips help, and good luck with the website :)

ltsune, Jan 9, 2017 IP
  5. andrasf

andrasf Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the review. These are very good ideas. I like them. I'll definitelly try your suggestions.

andrasf, Jan 9, 2017 IP