1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Review My Webmaster Forum

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Alex210, Feb 13, 2013.

Let me know what do you think of my webmaster forum (design,topics,etc). Constructive criticism is welcomed! :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    Alex210, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, everything I've come to expect from vBulletin -- inaccessible fixed metric fonts, non-semantic markup, goofy abuse of lists on obviously tabular data... no max width so on really big displays you have to shrink the browser window (though at least it's fluid fitting smaller displays)... and blowing 80k of markup to deliver 6k of plaintext -- easily four to eight times as much code as necessary.

Apart from that, not much to say.

deathshadow, Feb 13, 2013 IP
    Alex210 likes this.
  3. Alex210

Alex210 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I`ve just added a max-width so now it should be ok on large displays.

Alex210, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  4. Steven Caller

Steven Caller Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whilst it isn't a bad effort, I have to say it looks like a more primitive version of the old Digital Point. I think you'll need to work a lot harder on your forum before it can rival this one

Steven Caller, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Which seems good -- a bit narrow, but it still scales downward for things like netbooks or tablets. If you can get all the fonts changed over to a working %/em so large font users don't have to dive for the zoom, it'll be even better -- if you do that, set the max-width in EM so people with larger default fonts will automatically get a larger max-width.

deathshadow, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  6. Frangemc

Frangemc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nothing really stands out and would make me want to stay. I say get a cool logo and add features that make people want to become members. Add an incentive for referrals somehow. The color scheme also needs to be change in my opinion. Play around with it until it looks cool and unique. But before that, get a new logo!

Frangemc, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  7. Alex210

Best Answers:
    @Steven Caller
    I know it looks like a vBulletin forum since this is what it is:) I could have used xF or IPB but at least for now, i prefer vBulletin. Anyway, i believe that a good practice is to keep the things as simple as possible.

@deathshadow
    Right!:) this will take me some time to do as it uses some math here and there to determine sizes and so, i`ll have to check all the .css files.

@starvinmarvin14
    I guess i should have mentioned that even if the forum already has a pr2, it is only 1 week old!:) //actually 2 but one week was closed as i had to find some ways to keep the spam bots out of it since it was getting spammed like there`s no other!,lol
    I was thinking to offer some incentives (free adverts on my other sites, money or a few software licenses that i have no use of at this time) but since the forum is too new, it might not work as planned. Besides, as someone from v7n said, this might attract just the type of members nobody wants on their forums. Anyway, i will definitely think more about it, as well as for a new logo:)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
    Alex210, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  8. Ramsesx

Ramsesx Active Member

Best Answers:
    webtmaster in the url looks not so professional, the logo is very basic.

Ramsesx, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  9. Alex210

Best Answers:
    @Ramsesx
    Oh well, i cant change the url, besides some people really liked it!:)

@Steven Caller & everyone else
    I`ve just changed some stuff, here and there. Please let me know what do you think of it now. link

Thanks!:)

Alex210, Feb 16, 2013 IP