1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my URL shortner site

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by ritesh8385, Jun 15, 2015.

Hello,
    Please review my URL shortener site
    http://ay.rs
    Also,Suggest some monetization method.

ritesh8385, Jun 15, 2015 IP
  2. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just tried it out and it works great. I made a URL with your custom feature and it worked perfectly. Having a 2 character domain & extension is also great for shortening services.

I did notice that it looks like you have a typo on the first page. You forgot the "k" in the word link, shown below. (It's in bold)

As for monetization, it would probably be your best bet to use some affiliate ads at least till it gets more traffic. Maybe some hosting or domain services type ads.

MISSING LETTER:
    "Ay.rs is the premium URL shortener service,where you can shorten the long URL into the short URL and share it with your friends,forums or social media.You can also make the custom lin as per your need.Make the most of out of the easy to remember domain name."

ulterios, Jun 15, 2015 IP
  3. ritesh8385

ritesh8385 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for the wonderful review and for pointing out the mistake.
    Will wait for the traffic before putting any ads on it,may be once I get the traffic I can sell premium links.

ritesh8385, Jun 15, 2015 IP
  4. ulterios

Best Answers:
    You are most welcome. I actually though about setting up a URL shortening site a few months back but I am swamped with just trying to keep up with the ones I have so I decided to just stick to the projects I have.

I rally do like the 2 character before and after the " . ". I see many that are 3 before and after and even longer. The custom links are cool too, just to make them look nice and clean.

If you want I'll give your site a shout out on my Twitter & Facebook pages to see if that will get some more visitors. It's up to you.

ulterios, Jun 15, 2015 IP
    ritesh8385 likes this.
  5. ritesh8385

Best Answers:
    That would be wonderful.
    Its a new site and finding a way to get some traffic,shoutout on twitter and FB will be of great help.
    Thanks in advance.

ritesh8385, Jun 16, 2015 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Getting URL-shorteners off the starting block can be time-consuming, and unless you manage to get a shoe-in with services that need an URL-shortener, it's almost impossible. If your service is good, and capable of handling large numbers of requests, I would maybe try getting in touch with Twitter-client developers, to include your service in their software. That way, it gets used (and, lets face it, it's mostly Twitter that needs this).

PoPSiCLe, Jun 16, 2015 IP
    ritesh8385 likes this.
  7. fir3143

fir3143 Banned

Best Answers:
    Your url shortener site looks good but you must consider adding some graphic images like bitly. I am sure your site looks terrific when you add some.

fir3143, Jun 16, 2015 IP
    ritesh8385 likes this.
  8. ulterios

Best Answers:
    You are welcome again, being a website owner/developer/builder myself I know that one of the hardest things is just to get the word out about a new site. Any time I can help out a fellow site owner I will.

I posted a Tweet as well as added it to my timeline. Here's what I posted, I hope it looks ok to you. (I don't think it's a rules violation to post this)

Tweet & FB Post:
    Forget #Bitly , Check out this #Free #URL #Shortener w/Custom links! 5 characters, counting the DOT, can U say short?
    http://ay.rs/

P.S. I'll also tell some of my fellow website owners to check it out and spread the word.

ulterios, Jun 16, 2015 IP
    ritesh8385 likes this.
  9. ritesh8385

Best Answers:
    @fir3143
    Its just a new site launched 23 days back.We will like to improve on the home page as the time goes on.
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

10. ritesh8385

Best Answers:
    @PoPSiCLe
    I agree with you its mostly twitter who needs this.I am personally monitoring the links to make it spam free.
    It will be nice if you could help me with twitter.

11. ritesh8385

Best Answers:
    @ulterios
    Thanks a lot buddy..Post looks excellent and I can see few traffic coming in already.
    Let me know if you need any help.

12. ulterios

Best Answers:
    You are welcome. I also just retweeted it on one of my other Twitter accounts that has to do with website & blog improvement. There should be some followers that can use a URL shortener.

I'll let you know if I do, likewise you also LMK if I can be of more help.

Good luck with your site! :)

ulterios, Jun 16, 2015 IP
  13. ritesh8385

Best Answers:
    Thanks bro.
    In 7 days we have more than 1500 URLS and 6500 hits.

ritesh8385, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  14. ulterios

Best Answers:
    Wow, a huge increase. I'm glad it's taking off.

I'll Retweet it later on one of my other accounts and see if that can get some more for you.

Good Luck with it. See you around the boards.

ulterios, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  15. ritesh8385

Best Answers:
    Yes.
    Unfortunately not getting a way to earn from such traffic.

ritesh8385, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  16. ulterios

Best Answers:
    Well, since you are just getting things going on there it's gonna take a bit of time. Hopefully things will keep picking up and you can find a way to get some nice money made from it.

I see you put some infolinks ads on there, maybe they can get the $ to show up.

I have never really used them much, have you done well with infolinks on other sites?

ulterios, Jun 23, 2015 IP
  17. ritesh8385

Best Answers:
    No infolinks is a waste.didnt earned a penny and also heard they inject virus.

ritesh8385, Jun 24, 2015 IP
    ulterios likes this.
  18. kulasingha

kulasingha Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi,
    I checked your website and it is good, only thing is that it need some images on homepage even bitly has some images, I think it will give your website more look and feel. About infoliks, yes they are now not paying much for the traffic and they need to pay my $$80 but not paying yet they say need to wait till $100 to get paid. Now I use Media.net they are good and they pay much more than many ad networks and they mostly use Bing ads so they pay much more.

kulasingha, Jun 24, 2015 IP
  19. PhilipsEl

PhilipsEl Member

Best Answers:
    I just checked your link shortening service. I think you have a typo on "Shorterner"? It should be "shortener"? You have a nice clean looking site. However you can add more features. For instance, you can check our link shortening service: http://ilnk.us to get some ideas on what more features you might add. I liked your service!

PhilipsEl, Jun 24, 2015 IP
  20. Kelly Richardson

Kelly Richardson Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest that you set some kind of alerts on links that contain affiliate or refferal feature in link (clickbank, ppd networks, other aff programs) so you can have it for youself. Ofc it is not good think to do but if you shave about half of hits no one would notice.
    Also after a while, when you gain many backlinks you can just sold domain for 301 link juice for a good cash.

Kelly Richardson, Jul 1, 2015 IP