1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my travel guides website

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by qdungeng, Nov 24, 2015.

Dear friends

Please review my website for Indochina travel guides.
    http://www.indochinahighlight.com

Thanks

qdungeng, Nov 24, 2015 IP
  2. mynetrecipes

mynetrecipes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can say that theme is nice but your site needs to lots of content.

mynetrecipes, Nov 24, 2015 IP
  3. Rahul Vaishnav

Rahul Vaishnav Active Member

Best Answers:
    I Think you need to put more pages like gallery and contact us form with google map and also need to add some cool slider and some more content in home page.

Rahul Vaishnav, Nov 25, 2015 IP
  4. CreativeMeerkat

CreativeMeerkat Peon

Best Answers:
    Needs a lot more content. Add some social media in sidebars like your pins with images of VIetnam, or even Instagrams with hashtags close to your topic.

CreativeMeerkat, Nov 25, 2015 IP
  5. Asgeco

Asgeco Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should change the design because now it looks so so. I would go with nice big picture for the header, white color for the background and some warmer colors for sidebars. I would display posts not in grid like style but one post per line with nice big picture for each post. I think nice big pictures are the key for nice looking travel website.

Asgeco, Dec 12, 2015 IP
  6. victoryksk

victoryksk Member

Best Answers:
    Good but you shoul add more pages and content.

victoryksk, Dec 15, 2015 IP
  7. qdungeng

qdungeng Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who can help me to reviews ?

qdungeng, Aug 1, 2016 IP
  8. Froggys

Froggys Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You have lack of content but it looks nice.

Froggys, Aug 1, 2016 IP
  9. Diskretni

Diskretni Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is good,content is a problem but not too much.

Diskretni, Aug 2, 2016 IP
  10. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like the content, its ok. Social network icons in my opinion should be more visible and on a differend place:) Some more detailed information ( something like "about us" for example).

VerdinaNET, Aug 5, 2016 IP
  11. Ian08

Ian08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the content has no issue. But the current layout of the site looks like a blog. A redesign would be good.

Ian08, Aug 5, 2016 IP
  12. Samo

Samo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    • It seems you have added the social icons that everyone has been suggesting ... but they are only at the top of your site. You really need them at the bottom or top of each article.
    • Your site design looks seriously dated. I think you are using "blogger". Find a modern template or switch to Word Press ... then you can easily implement what our friends ave suggested above including the social icons (using lots of great free plugins) & a much better template (lots of nice ones available for Word Press)
    • These days a travel site only succeeds with a targeted following. You have aimed at Indochina and further subdivided. That's a great foundation. Now you need to be much more proactive in enticing your target audience to visit (after making your site look really nice looking and modern)
    • You have dates and times of posts. Hide those (you can do so easily in Word Press). Unfortunately everyone wants everything "fresh" ... although Thailand was beautiful 1000 years ago and will still be so 1000 years from now :) the only exception is if you are a well-known travel writer with a big following who like to where you are and when you posted your article.
    • You have not got many comments and you have no social network profile. Join the big ones and connect with your friends and gently, once in a while when relevant to the conversation point out a specific article ... for example as a suggested destination for your friends' next vacation ... but ...
    • Do install the social icons so your friends can do FB likes & shares (per article) etc when they visit
    • Doing some of the above starts to build your comments. Respond to every comment and keep engaging your visitors
    • I highly recommend some kind of exit pop to ask why the person is leaving or what they liked or did not like. Reinforce the likes and eliminate the dislikes.
    • I highly recommend some major message on your home page to invite the visitor to engage with your site. The best way to know the best message to display is to use some kind of split testing tool. "Marketizator" is great. I use it and the free version is good enough. They have tutorials on their site. Split test just two headings/messages against each other, keep the winner and replace the loser. Repeat 5 times.
    • Others have mentioned a photo gallery a long time ago. You really should implement one ... what is a travel site without lots of exciting imagery. Every vacation is short but the memory - that's the mental images - are for the rest of one's life.
    • Join some stock photo sites that have free images. Grab lots for your target regions. Also checkout Flickr.com
    • you must use a slider, as was suggested. But use a separate one for each of your regions. Load them up with your gallery images.
    • What happens to visitors who view your site and then go away? ... After all your work, you lose them forever. Implement a news letter opt-in ... offer them the fact that if they opt in to your newsletter, they will get regular news, tips of the regions they are interested in.

What this does for you is that, every time you add a new post/article or a few photos, not only do you benefit from new search traffic BUT ALSO by emailing your list, you get a rush of existing subscribers to your site. Benefits? ...

- Repetition (of the newsletter mailings) breeds familiarity
      - Familiarity breeds trust
      - Trust builds a great following and leads to sales or whatver you wish. Imagine having a list of a few thousand subscribers and you do a deal with some travel related service provider and offer a discount coupon to your subscribers! You get a rush of commissions. NOTE: Travel is an "EVERGREEN" industry. Travelers never stop traveling. You can keep on sending high quality newsletters plus a subtle offer in each or in one out of every 2 or 3 mailings ... and you keep getting commissions and also traffic back to your site.
      - But that traffic goes on building up & up because your list gets bigger and bigger. And some travel site or company may well buy out your site not because of the site (which can easily be copied) but rather because of your list/following.
      - There are plenty of good list building tools for Word Press ... I am sure there are some for Blogger too. But invest your time and effort in a platform that has lost of exciting new developments and free tools.

• Finally I'd say ... to really engage with your visitors, a little later after you make the above improvements, ask them to send you their vacation images with permission to upload to your site. Kee thinking of how you can engage your visitors ... engaged visitors who interact will keep coming back. Here's an idea: How about a section for "Your Travel Stories"! Ask for your followers travel stories and keep adding them including photos and inform the traveler ... ask them to share the link with their friends ... this is called "user generated content". The search engines absolutely love it. They value what your visitors contribute far more than anything a webmaster himself adds to the site ;-)
    I have more but get some of these done and I'll be happy to share more with you.
    And have fun building your business
    Samo

Samo, Aug 17, 2016 IP
  13. Hudson Brown

Hudson Brown Peon

Best Answers:
    The content is good but it needs to be represented in a proper manner which will make it easy to navigate and understand.

Hudson Brown, Oct 15, 2016 IP
  14. Brian Vu

Brian Vu Member

Best Answers:
    The website looks good, but I think you should decrease the number of word of post except on the homepage

Brian Vu, Jan 5, 2017 IP
  15. expertfx

expertfx Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, i can`t open this page indochinahighlight.com for review:(

expertfx, Nov 3, 2021 IP
  16. Woltran

Woltran Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    page not found

Woltran, Nov 23, 2021 IP