1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Review my sites ad placement

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by biohaz, Jun 14, 2013.

Hi,

Site is
    http://howtall-is.com

Do you think i have the best placement for ads?

Does anyone know if the link unit at the top is a good idea. I added it a few days ago and my CPC has decreased. Does the top add get the highest bids from adsense, if so should i remove the top link unit?

Thanks heaps
    biohaz, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  2. ashmety

ashmety Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest that you remove it for 3 reasons.

1. It's pushing your main nav button way too far down. Bad user experience, bad user experience, means Google doesn't like it!
    2. SEO - You have 2 large ad units above the fold. This will hurt your SEO, decreased traffic, leads to decreased revenue.
    3. The way adsense works is the first unit on the page will have the highest CPC. Which means, the first ad unit (first in the HTML code) on the page MUST be in the best possible spot "Search for Adsense heatmap images), otherwise both your CTR & your CPC will suffer.

On my sites, I've found that having 1 very well placed ad unit (I love 728x90 banners) will produce the best CPC / CTR. If you have alot of content then you can add another 1 or 2 units.

My suggestion is to get rid of the 160x600 ad and place a 728x90 right above your H1 title. Mid way through the article, you can throw in the 300x250.

If you want to throw in 1 or 2 link ads, go for it but NEVER above the 728x90.

Trust me. I make a living on Adsense ;)
    ashmety, Jun 22, 2013 IP
    gkd_uk likes this.
  3. biohaz

biohaz Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks very much Ashmety for your reply. I am relatively new to adsense so really appreciate your help.
    I have removed the link unit completely for now along with the left banner ad in the sidebar.

I have decided to go with a new placement similar to what you have recommended. It consists of:

1 - 970/90 leaderboard under header. (this can show the 729/90 as well if it pays more)
    2- 300/250 on the right sidebar
    3 - a random generated placement within the post, it uses the 336/280 ad however sometimes use the 300/250 instead.

Check it out and let me know your through, was this what you had inmind?

I will also let u know if it increase my CPC and CTR over the next few days.
    Previously my CPC was around $40cents and CTR is around 0.60% currently. Lets hope the new ads show improvement.

Thanks again
    Bio
    biohaz, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  4. ashmety

ashmety Active Member

Best Answers:
    Looks much better. You can also add a text unit that blends with same colors as the nav menu between Popular Stars & Latest Star Heights.

Make sure you turn on both IMAGES & TEXT on all the non-text units
    Good Luck!
    ashmety, Jun 23, 2013 IP