1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by kostas13ioannou, Jan 12, 2016.

Hello to all!
    I just made a site about tennis and tennis training!

http://www.integraltennis.gr/

It has sections about integral tennis, Life coaching, and Life Skills Coaching for Athletes.

Tell me whatever you like or not.
    Thanks in advance.

kostas13ioannou, Jan 12, 2016 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    1. The text shadow in the navigation makes it look worse not better.

2. The images in the slider look fuzzy.

3. I wouldn't use times new roman,times,serif font family for the texts. It always make me think I am reading a newspaper.

4. You have .css files, yet out of the blue you start using something like:

<span style="font-size:16px"><span style="font-family:times new roman,times,serif">

Code (markup):
    Just put it with your .css file.

5. And lastly, the logo looks tiny when I begin to scroll:

1.gif

It seems like you need to redesign your logo for the navigation in position: fixed. What's the point of having that one if none can tell what's in it.

qwikad.com, Jan 12, 2016 IP
  3. kostas13ioannou

kostas13ioannou Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your comments.
    About these things you said.

2. The images in the slider look fuzzy.--> Its the images that the client putted there through the admin panel.
    3. I wouldn't use times new roman,times,serif font family for the texts. It always make me think I am reading a newspaper.
    -->The same with nu.2. The site was designed for using open sans font (which i like very much), but the client put his
    texts, with this font, through panel. I told him, but he doesn't listens....
    4. You have .css files, yet out of the blue you start using something like--> Has to do, with the previous comments.
    The client put some style, through the editor....
    5. And lastly, the logo looks tiny when I begin to scroll:
    I dont thing, this is a big problem, cause the visitor, sees the logo when comes to the site.
    When he scrolls, he knows that is the same logo, just a little smaller.

kostas13ioannou, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Absurdly undersized fixed metric fonts (aka font-size declared in pixels), poorly rendering webfonts on flow content, questionable if not outright illegible colour contrasts in many places, and gibberish heading navigation -- so right out of the gate it's a miserable failure on the accessibility front.

The giant scripttard slider seems to be there just to cover up for a complete lack of content of value, making one wonder just what the site is even about, who it's for, or even WHAT it's for.

I'm stuck wondering why it even has 30 separate images since I'm seeing maybe a dozen items total that should be separate image files -- though that massive space wasting scripttard banner with the massive images is responsible for a LOT of the bloat in code and

... and that home page is so close to being a glorified splash page I'm really stuck going "It's a big bun. It's a very big bun. Big fluffy bun... WHERE'S THE BEEF?!?"

taking a look at the code, I see gibberish nonsensical use of pretty much every tag, particularly the numbered headings that seem to have been chosen by their default text size instead of what the tags MEAN. Of course it's got jQuery pissing all over the place with endless stupid linked in separate scripts, resulting in 133k of scripttardery doing the job of 16k in maybe two files.

Static blocking scripting in the head, endless pointless separate stylesheets with no media targets, static style in the markup, empty span and scripttardery doing CSS' job, endless pointless classes for nothing, absolute URI's for no legitimate reason, presentational images in the markup, lists around non-list elements, preformatted text without a PRE tag for stuff that should have been turned into paragraphs and/or headings, DIV doing numbered heading's job, numbered headings around non-heading elements, paragraphs wrapping paragraphs, paragraphs around non-paragraph content, attributes like target that have no business on any website written after 1997, duplicate content because someone was too ignorant of HTML or CSS to be making mobile menus...

It's just another laundry list of how NOT to build a website.

deathshadow, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  5. helpandhelp

helpandhelp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I visited your website. I am not an expert in website developing so not in any position to put forward technical comment. I would advise you stick to what the experts say.

helpandhelp, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  6. komrad

komrad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    no offense, the concept seems good but not the execution. You need to learn more about User experience things. ;)

komrad, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  7. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your website looks good. In my opinion make your logo little bit bigger. I also recommend you to focus on your site navigation.

iwebsocial, Feb 6, 2016 IP