1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my site www.igorsoloads.site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by egoldzone, Aug 19, 2018.

egoldzone, Aug 19, 2018 IP
  2. chamara2012

chamara2012 Banned

Best Answers:
    I guess it your business site.
    Try to add a https:// to your business site.
    Design is innovative and user friendly.

chamara2012, Aug 19, 2018 IP
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Trying to cram everything on one page is counterproductive. You have NOTHING above the fold to convince people to scroll down, and even if they do, they will usually quit long before finding the bottom of the page.

Apparently you know nothing about WCAG standards when it comes to legibility. Pale yellow on a white background is impossible to read. Pale blue is not much better.

You have a menu, but no way to return to where a person comes from without scrolling all the way back to the top. Break your pages up into logical chunks with a menu on each. Forcing people to WORK at reading your site will drive them away. For a minimalist site like this, people should be able to go anywhere on your site in 1 or 2 mouse clicks NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE ON YOUR SITE. Having to constantly click the mouse to scroll up and down a page is WORK, and unless you have a spectacular "mousetrap" people will LEAVE and NEVER come back.

You have TOO many so-called 'testimonials' which suggests that they are FAKE, most likely PAID testimonials. No one likes to be suckered, and that is the impression I get when I see those 'testimonials.'

Further, your ad application form does not work properly. The dropdowns do not dropdown so there is no way to select them. Since they cannot be selected but are REQUIRED, it is IMPOSSIBLE to submit the form.

Just for giggles I tried submitting an EMPTY form. It refreshed the page and put me at the top of the page. No submission confirmation. No error alerts EVEN THOUGH ALL OF THE REQUIRED FIELDS WERE EMPTY.

Basically, if this site is an example of how you do things (sloppy to say the least), HOW is anyone to believe that you are NOT sloppy with your dealings with potential customers?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    mmerlinn, Aug 19, 2018 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    First impression? Too much stuff crammed into one page as one endless column, too many font-family changes with serif fonts of dubious legibility on screen media, inconsistent sizing and flow of fonts, and several sections of colour contrasts far below accessibility norms. The orange on light-blue and light-blue on medium blue areas in particular reek of having been made by an artist who doesn't know the first thing about accessibility norms or emissive colourspace.

At the same time there is far too much whitespace, and that goofy full-screen banner area just pushes actual content of value below the fold.

In attempting to do a proper diagnosis I noticed the page flat out doesn't even LOAD anything on Firefox. That's a problem and a half... the source seems to be some form of broken scripttardery trying to write out a framed document wrapper -- that's just junk and means the page is inaccessible to around a fifth of users.

Removing the crap broken frame so I can actually access the real page at:
    https://www.igorsoloads.com/prime/taufik.html

It becomes readily apaprent why the page was so agnozingly slow to load -- since it's a ridiculous 2.9 megabytes spanning 90 separate files. In terms of handshaking alone the file count could introduce overhead anywhere from 16 seconds (about the fastest that page should load cache-empty real-world) to 80 seconds or more!

The seven separate stylesheets desipite a lack of meaningful media targets certainly not helping with that -- though since there's only maybe a dozen actual content images one has to wonder why it has 82 separate images being loaded.

It's also got painfully broken non-visual navigation and my braille reader gave up and walked away from it. This is likely a cause of the train wreck of non-semantic bloated markup, which borders upon outright gibberish.

There's 8.9k of plaintext on the page and maybe a dozen media elements (images, movie embeds), everything else is presentation... so what in the blazes is it wasting 58k of HTML on? EASILY around five times the HTML such a page should even have!

Though the answer is right there -- bootcrap. THE pinnacle of fanboyish cultism mated to ignorance and incompetence. Hence the typical laundry list of how NOT to build a website with endless pointless classes for nothing, endless pointless DIV for nothing, multiple stylesheets with no media targets, static scripting in the markup, gibberish use of numbered headings resulting in a broken document structure, incorrect usage of the (pointless) new HTML 5 tags, absolute URI's for nothing, up-tree linking indicating a garbage directory structure, pointless value attributes, broken/incomplete forms, presentational mis-use of phrase level elements, lack of blockquote and cite around obvious blockquotes, abusing target to shove new windows down the user's gullet whether they like it or not...

Yup, that's a site built with bootcrap all right. Do the world a favor, and go find a stick to scrape that off with before you go tracking it all over the Internet's carpets. The ONLY thing you have learned from it is how NOT to build websites!

deathshadow, Aug 21, 2018 IP