1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my site - sarana-informasi.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by egoldzone, Oct 6, 2015.

egoldzone, Oct 6, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The black on dark gray is right on the edge of accessibility minimums, and the blue links are way below it -- so you need more contrast there. Likewise your tiny little fixed metric (px) declarations on the fonts are an accessibility wreck as is the pixel triggered attempt at being responsive.

As always, refer to the WCAG when it comes to that stuff.

The document structure is gibberish with the willy-nilly use of numbered headings... between the multiple H1, missing H2 and floated unrelated H3 that I'm pretty sure are NOT the start of subsections of "Finally Revealing" -- anyone attempting to navigate, index or spider the content will be a bit confused. Remember, a h1 is the heading that everything on the page should be a subsection of, a h2 means the start of a subsection of the h1 before it, a h3 means the start of a subsection of the h2 before it, and so forth down the line... That's why THIS:

<h1>Sarana Informasi
    	<h2>The best online information portal
    		<h3>Main menu
    		<h3>Post navigation
    <h1>Binary Options Trading Signals – The Worlds Largest Live Binary Options Signal Provider –
    <h1>WoodProfits® How To Start A Woodworking Business From Home With No Capital or Experience
    <h1>CB Passive Income
    <h1>Venus Factor
    <h1>Finally revealing my $2,556 a day system
    	<h2>(MISSING HEADING!)
    		<h3>New Updates
    		<h3>Best Recommend
    		<h3>Top Program
    		<h3>Recent Comments
    		<h3>Archives
    		<h3>Meta
    Code (markup):
    Is gibberish.

It's also painful to watch load first time in, that it's two megabytes in 48 files being the most likely explanation for that given you've only got what looks like six content images and a hair over 5k of plaintext -- meaning easily three to four times the total number of needed files and ten times the total filesize for such a simple page.

Popping the bonnet to have a look at the code, Well there's your problem... As always, it's your typical bloated mess of Turpdress and jquery, with endless pointless static scripting in the markup, static style in the markup, and the disastrous train wreck of endless pointless DIV for nothing, endless pointless classes for nothing, endless pointless HTML5-tardery that's redundant to if you just used headings properly, H1+h2 pairing on text that is quite obviously NOT the start of a new subsection, broken incomplete forms, and all the other hallmarks of the "i cans haz intarnets" development common to sites built with turdpress.

Hell it even uses hgroup, a tag that was pulled from HTML 5 for doing the half-assed nonsense of pairing heading tags.... headings inside a heading to say it's a group of headings; then people wonder why I piss on HTML 5 from so on high you'd think the almighty herself just got back from a kegger.

If that were my site? I'd throw it in the trash and start over. There is little if anything I'd try to salvage from it. It is a laundry list of how NOT to build a website, though entirely typical of blindly slapping together off the shelf parts and praying that it works.

deathshadow, Oct 6, 2015 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So @deathshadow has done the technical review - take it as gospel

I'll do the content review.

Your site is effectively a heap of articles leading the user to affiliate sales pages. As a reader do you know how f'ed off I get when I click through to read an article and am presented with another "read more" link

[​IMG]
    Is your name really Swastik? If not, why does your article claim it is?
    And who is George? Why does his name lend credibility to the Sniper system?

If you are earning this much and living in Indonesia you must be living like a king!
    upload_2015-10-7_9-18-56.png

It's probably worth spelling out what CB stands for... or atleast tagging it correctly

[​IMG]

I got caught out by the two pages linked from the top menu. Both the same page but one is in English and the other in Indonesian. I gather from scanning the page that there is no word in Indonesian for "trading" or "profit" as you use the English words throughout the page. Linguistically, I find that fascinating.
    upload_2015-10-7_9-24-16.png

Personally, I'd quit the site now, there is nothing unique or compelling about it and I predict that you will be chasing traffic and revenue with poor results. There are too many other sites doing this kind of thing well and there is nothing to raise yours out of obscurity.

Attached Files:

sarahk, Oct 6, 2015 IP