1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

please review my site for adsense

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by CApulkit, Feb 3, 2014.

Not getting adsense approval. Have lot of content, all original.
    Forum on website is filled with original discussion and nothing related to technology.
    Please check the site and advice what should be changed or deleted or removed.
    Site is tikshare dot com

CApulkit, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    the best option right now

do a jv with someone, you take 60-80% of adsense profit,
    you wont' need adsense approval then, after 2-3 months, you can apply

competent123, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  3. theurbantwist

theurbantwist Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Content isn't everything. Although your site looks just fine to me, some of those articles were hard to read such as:

www. tikshare. com/showArticle/83/Equity-Schemes-Give-Higher-Returns-But-Are-Highly-Risky

www. tikshare. com/showArticle/151/Increase-in-Authorised-Share-Capital

www. tikshare. com/showArticle/96/E-governance-Plans-in-MCA-and-Income-Tax-Departments

These articles although I'm just taking a quick gander, appear to be articles written with the sole purpose of trying to generate decent cpc with Adsense.

They basically don't fit in with the flow of your site when compared to other articles such as these:

www. tikshare. com/showArticle/150/Sex-and-the-city--Inside-Bangalore's-nightclubs

www. tikshare. com/showArticle/145/Can-Yoga-Prevent-Cancer?

www. tikshare. com/showArticle/144/Honey-Singh-A-successful-pervert?

Just my two cents. I get the point of the latter 3 articles I mentioned but the first 3 not so much. Adsense won't approve you if they feel that your site is basically a content farm and doesn't offer much to people reading your site. That's the bottom line.

I'd suggest on working on writing better article ideas and that should hopefully do the trick.

theurbantwist, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  4. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
  5. CApulkit

CApulkit Member

Best Answers:
    Have made lot of changes after that. Site is like a general discussion and knowledge sharing. Of Course it adds value to readers. They can choose the category and based on that read the articles or discussions.

The 3 articles you mentioned are written by me and another friend. We are chartered accountants(highest profession in accounting in India). As per T&C these does break any rule.
    And most of the discussion on site is in accounts and finance related(forum). If you read the aim of site, its a knowledge portal from different professionals.
    What change i need to do?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
    CApulkit, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  6. Deepak patel

Deepak patel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    HI I reviewed your Website. Found Something which may be not Noticed by You.
    1. Your Website has TWO home page. (i) tikshare . com/ (ii) tikshare . com/home [Correct it Immediately]
    2. Not Necessarily But Remove All ads including Infolinks Before submit.
    3. Remove any kind of pop-ups before applying. I have seen signup form as pop up.

Bonus Tips :
    Make sure you submitted your site in webmaster tools.
    have a Verified Google Analytics account
    Make sure Image are not copyrighted. Avoid Copying images from google. use flickr or another sources.
    What is your traffic sources. Avoid Bots traffic.

Deepak patel, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  7. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    NONE of those will help the site get accepted for Adsense!! Really bad advice.

Agent000, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  8. theurbantwist

Best Answers:
    It still feels like an article farming site. It really does. I just went over the articles again. They're really hard to read. And I understand that you're from India, but your site is in English so you really are going to have to work on that. Either work on your English or make your site an Indian site, which I'm not sure if Adsense would then work for you. I'm not trying to be harsh but you asked for opinions here. I just can't see anyone gaining any insight or value from any of those articles on there. I'm almost positive that that's the MAIN reason why Adsense rejected you.

Look at these two articles and be honest wth yourself. WTH are these articles about?

www. tikshare. com/showArticle/151/Increase-in-Authorised-Share-Capital

www. tikshare. com/showArticle/147/Section-271H-and-234E-Helpful-proviso

And there are many more articles like these. How do you expect someone to stumble on your site and actually like the stuff they read? This is Google's point of view. You need to have a "topical focus" like someone already brought up in one of those Google Forums.

theurbantwist, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  9. CApulkit

CApulkit Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you.
    I have signed up for webmaster and analytics long back.
    Daily traffic is 300 uv, 90% from google.

These are related to Indian laws. Any Indian finance professional will understand it. Thank for the opinion. But thing is the site is meant to be for knowledge sharing, how can i restrict it to one niche when knowledge can be from any category. Its not a blog.
    Any advice on this?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
    CApulkit, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  10. theurbantwist

Best Answers:
    How do you find your writers? Let's start there. Finding good writers is key. And are any of your writers from a Native English speaking country?

Also what CMS are you using? If you're not using Wordpress, I suggest you switch and then look into some premium themes to make your site look more magazine/news-ish.

Maybe study this site to see what I'm talking about how your articles still need to read well for English speaking audiences: http://www.ndtv.com/

Even though I'm not from India and don't know who many of these people are that they are talking about, I am able to follow along and understand every detail of their articles. Also, I'm pretty sure that there is a theme out there that you could use to even have a basic flow structure like how this site has.

theurbantwist, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  11. Sabrina73

Sabrina73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure you have a lot of valuable information to share with others and you want to make a profit while doing it; that's why we are all here, to share information, so we can all be rich!:)

With that said, I have a news writing background (even though I currently work in advertising for a large newspaper in Chicago). In fact, I was a news reporter for three newspapers in New York and I've published up to 5 news websites in the past (which I've sold, so I only have *one* site now... so far). The most important thing to a person who is reading news online as opposed to "rumor" is the look and feel of authenticity and authority; that would include the site design (has to be professional) and the content; you could get a nice news template for about $50. Also, citing sources would add to the credibility: i.e., according to the American Cancer Society, one in 12 people will get some form of cancer by age 80. When I was getting my site approved by Google, I had to "peacock" it first, make it look pretty and add interesting content; I had zero visitors when it got approved and 20 articles!

The good news is, this can be corrected with an editor. I would hire someone from this site or another site and have them go through each and every article to make it right, grammar, syntax, etc. This may cost you a small fortune, but you will be rewarded in the long run. If you can't afford someone to do everything up front, have them to only edit 10 articles at a time until you can get everything done. So, when you submit new articles, have your editor correct this first.

You do not want to lose out on the opportunity to be successful with Google ads because of a small bump in the road. This can be fixed.

Good luck to you, sir.

Sabrina73, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  12. theurbantwist

Best Answers:
    Very good information Sabrina and you pretty much hammered home the point I was trying to make with him.

theurbantwist, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  13. CApulkit

CApulkit Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all for the valuable suggestions.
    Hard work puts you in trouble. The site is coded from scratch. Wanted to develop own product and landed in this situation. Will try to improve the site itself instead of going for theme purchase.
    Can you guys provide some help what modificaiton i should do in site design. I have seen ndtv and other sites, but what wrong with doing things in a different manner ;)
    Also the forum in site is more seo friendly since 99% google traffic is on forum.
    I understand grammer is terrible in site and discussed with users on site. But amny people told, Indians will understand this, English is different in each country. For example USA english is different than UK. Indian English is also different as we use local words too. Adsense is really partial towards asian sites. The sites are made for local people who understand local English. If we use hifi english, people keep googling for spellings.
    We have some words which are famous but not part of english language.
    Agree with Sabrina73, will improve it and may take help too.

CApulkit, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  14. Sabrina73

Sabrina73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello again and I'm happy that we can get you closer to your goal.

Here's what we know: Google rejected the site. And they did it for a reason. They have a product that has to be seen in the best light as well; if they don't deliver a quality product to their customers, their reputation is at stake.

Here's the thing: Google is in charge. They hold all the cards. Unless you want to run your site as a hobby and incur all cost, you may have to make some business decisions.

The site is not awful looking. But I would hire a designer later on to add more interesting elements to it. The competitor's site is professional looking. In advertising, we call it theater (some may call it smoke in mirrors, but that's another thread for a different day!). I know plenty of programmers, which doesn't translate into designer and vice versa. ;) The grammar and syntax is where you need to stop the bleeding.

Also, if the forum is filled with a different form of English than what Google will allow, maybe you can seperate the forum from the content? Maybe you can create a sub domain for the forum?

Sabrina73, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  15. Jaspworld

Jaspworld Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why not just get a hosted account and then you can add your website through dfp. Am I wrong? I think this would work.

Jaspworld, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  16. RobinInTexas

RobinInTexas Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your site is written for people in India, on topics relevant to people in India, why are you writing it primarily in English?

RobinInTexas, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  17. CApulkit

CApulkit Member

Best Answers:
    Because people using internet in India know english. And also everything is in english on computer, OS, browser etc.

CApulkit, Feb 6, 2014 IP