1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my portofolio website!

Discussion in 'Websites' started by RazvanAndrei, Jul 12, 2021.

Hello.

I am going to apply for jobs soon. I built a website to store information about me, and to store my work (projects i have done so far). I want some suggestions, if there is anything i could improve or remove on my main website.

RazvanAndrei, Jul 12, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Hi, it's simple to navigate but very slow. I clicked through to your travel subdomain, it's slow too and there are missing pictures.

I was surprised that you used a serif font in this section.
    upload_2021-7-13_9-9-10.png

sarahk, Jul 12, 2021 IP
  3. RazvanAndrei

RazvanAndrei Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

Some of the websites have uncommitted changes on the remote repository, so there might be some bugs. The backend on the travel website is hosted on heroku which puts the server to sleep after 30 minutes, unless someone uses it. The images are missing since heroku doesn't store them. I will fix it soon.
    Am not sure what is slow on my main website? The animations maybe? Does it feel like lagging?
    I will change that serif font to smth more readable!

4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The speed might be the server wake up thing. Haven't encountered that before but have been meaning to check out Heroku.

Looking at network - the lag does seem to be in the initial request.

upload_2021-7-13_10-58-7.png

travel gives this

upload_2021-7-13_10-59-40.png
    Get your portfolio sites up to scratch because it's that attention to detail that will win people over, or lose them.

Some of your English is a bit rough, but you state upfront that you're Romanian and I think visitors would prefer to see the flaws and know they can still understand you, than to have perfect English and wonder if it's really you.

Edit: just checked on mobile and your design looks much better that way.

sarahk, Jul 12, 2021 IP
  5. RazvanAndrei

RazvanAndrei Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been working on that travel website for the past 2 weeks, but I just did not push the changes on the remote repository. They are on the local one, thinking to push them when the website is done. What you see there is just an early version of the website. Anyway, what i really wanted to check is the user experience on my main website.

As for my English, this is first time i am told that it is rough . I started learning English when I was about 12, i still have lot to learn, and I hope it won't be a turn off for those who visit the website.

Anyways, thank you for your time, i will take in consideration everything you have told me, and check what is causing that lag on the main website. Thank you once again ☺️