Please review my open source job board website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by visualed, Jul 11, 2013.

Hello,

www.jobig.co.il is a free job board website. Its running under the open source system Jobberbase v1.9 in the last 3 years.

this site is in hebrew so i added the screen shot:

[​IMG]

what do you think guys?

visualed, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  2. piczogame

piczogame Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    I'd give you a few thoughts and ideas I have.

Since it's a job site I'd put more focus on the search bar making it bigger and easier for them to use. 8/10 times the user on job sites will look for a skill and search for it than go through categories. A lot of the major job site websites you see put a high end focus on this element.

Colours used are good, I like the simplicity with the additive of blue used in the site.

The logo is very small. You should increase it's size or better yet make it stand out more from the content on the left side of it. As the content on the left outweigh the logo on the right by size.

The footer area should be filled somewhat with useful information or content but I can see by scrolling down you have a blank area on the right and under it. You should use this area to put more drive into getting users to click inwards in the inner pages because if they've reached this point most likely they'll result in a high bounce rate and leave if it's not what they were expecting.

Hope that gives you some more insights. The domain name is great too bud.

Cheers,
    Antz

piczogame, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  3. jamesmith

jamesmith Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is good
    Was it developed using http://ejobsitesoftware.com

jamesmith, Jul 7, 2016 IP